Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Nuno picked out Sanson and McGinn as they found difficult to handle....Interesting to hear snippets of other managers views.

I like him too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nuno picked out Sanson and McGinn as they found difficult to handle....Interesting to hear snippets of other managers views.

I like him too.

is that in a vid somewhere?

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I like him too.

Yes.  I read that too.  Decent first outing from the start.  Looks tidy.  Unfortunate that he is coming in as the team are dropping off.  We'll hopefully be back again on Friday night and I'm desperately hoping Jack is back as well.  I think Sanson did enough to start again for me.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

is that in a vid somewhere?

Nuno Espirito Santo said that Wolverhampton Wanderers struggled to deal with Aston Villa pair Morgan Sanson and John McGinn during Saturday’s Premier League stalemate, while speaking to the club’s official website.

The visitors struggled to impose themselves consistently at the home of their near neighbours either, with Joao Moutinho and Ruben Neves losing the midfield battle against an industrious McGinn and the £14 million January signing Sanson, who showcased glimpses of talent on his full debut.

“Credit to Villa because they push long balls and the movement from their midfielders, McGinn and Sanson, were always trying to break our lines, and we didn’t adjust to that, and that gave Villa the dominance of the game,” Nuno said, ruing a poor first-half from his Wolves side.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Would really like to see Sanson in midfield with Jack playing where we are on the front foot. Newcastle would be a perfect opportunity.

Sanson looked like a very intelligent player against wolves.

Yeah, for sure - he's always looking to offer an option and has bags of energy, which should make him a great foil for Jack. 

There was one incident where he tried to take on a couple of player and got dispossessed in their area. 

Wolves counter was on. His reaction was too sprint back 60 yards to try and win the ball back. Yes he committed a foul in the end but his reaction to losing the ball is the attitude we need from our players. If that had been Barkley I can’t even picture him being able to sprint 60 yards, let alone attempting it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Would really like to see Sanson in midfield with Jack playing where we are on the front foot. Newcastle would be a perfect opportunity.

Sanson looked like a very intelligent player against wolves.

Indeed, and in addition, Traore and Jack have also had some brilliant interplay between them at times.

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, and in addition, Traore and Jack have also had some brilliant interplay between them at times.

At Marseille he formed good links with the left hand side of his team. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Without jack we are really going to need him or El ghazi to produce some magic as I don't see anyone else being capable of doing so. 

An inch lower and Ollie scores a screamer. A few inches to the right and Traore scores a goal of the season contender.  We have other players that can ‘produce some magic’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

An inch lower and Ollie scores a screamer. A few inches to the right and Traore scores a goal of the season contender.  We have other players that can ‘produce some magic’.

Maybe but I meant on a consistent basis. Traore has been anonymous for the last 5 or so games (maybe that is because cash has been missing maybe not). Maybe he could create something but I feel like he can't deal with the extra defensive attention he gets now that jack is out. Again maybe cash will fix that but we will see. 

Watkins has created a few goal scoring opportunities this season but most of them have come when he gets to run onto the ball against a slow defender.

Newcastle will probably sit deep for most of the game so the game isn't to watkins' strengths. 

One of the few who did their job and did it well tonight. The others weren't on his wavelength at all tonight. 

He was pressing on both sides of the pitch and in both halves. Was looking for the quick one-two passes that our Attacking players were doing for fun at the start of the season. But nobody was on his wavelength, he rarely got the second ball he was looking for. A really promising performance from him.

Has to be starting over Ramsey for me, he has more of an impact, Ramsey is less detrimental to the team than Barkley but hasn't really delivered yet. Sanson has to start.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

Â