Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He played as a busy 8, linking up around the centre circle, and carrying the ball up the pitch a lot. He can beat a man and drive inside or outside. He has the engine to do this all game by the looks of things.

Around the box, he plays with his head up, and is looking for dinked crosses behind the defence.

Defensively, not massively physical, but great tracking. His yellow came from losing the ball and tracking one of their quicker players (can't remember who) about 40 or 50 yards - nearly won the ball legitimately.

I think he's basically a tidier, less one-footed, less physical version of McGinn.

I definitely think the two together works though. With Grealish in front of them and a better wide player on the right, I think Sanson could be a good player for us. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How did he play? I understand he didn't do bad, but was he far up the pitch? Did he work hard? How was the passing etc. 

In addition to the other answers. At one point , he was even running out/inside left and cutting in with a little bit of trickery into the penalty area. Jack type area etc.

Seems we have a good one here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I definitely think the two together works though. With Grealish in front of them and a better wide player on the right, I think Sanson could be a good player for us. 

Agree, I think we can easily accommodate both.

He gave the midfield some much needed energy. Also think he’s yellow card was harsh. Was genuine attempt to win the ball.  After that he had to be careful with he’s challenges.  looks a good signing.

Hopefully his injury is not too serious. 

• Like 2

On 03/03/2021 at 19:53, hippo said:

Looks a million miles away. Take him out the match day squad -hes contributing nothing.

so you are quickly against Guilbert and now Sanson, you would think with your comments you were anti French :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

so you are quickly against Guilbert and now Sanson, you would think with your comments you were anti French :rolleyes:

As a British man it’s my duty to be anti french, Sanson however looks alright.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not against him at all. He hasn't been here long enough. I was surprised he started yesterday - but thought he did ok.

Impressive full debut and clearly a talented player. Looks classy on the ball. 

However, he is a typical Smith midfielder and very similar to our others. Against a less physical midfield as Wolves had last night he will be fine. Smith needs to move away from his ‘identi-kit’ midfielders and bring in that physical dominating and powerful CDM who in a significant amount of matches is essential. Until he does this, I still think we will be a soft touch against bigger teams. 

That said, MS looks a proper player and the upgrade on Hourihane we required. 

• Like 2

Can see the difference having him on the pitch or having barkley on the pitch makes.

Team cohesion, energy, creative when he was on and fit.

Injured just before half time and tried to see where it was for 10 mins of 2nd half before being replaced by barkley.

The next 40 minutes was the polar opposite of the first half.

Should be a good player, need luiz to not go back to his pre covid performances and then you can have luiz mcginn and sansom as a high energy midfield 3, all with a shot on them all able to pass and all able to track.

Always difficult to judge how a player will fare based on a few cameos but the Sanson we saw yesterday was the player I saw at Montpellier and Marseille which is really encouraging. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Didn't even realise he was injured, he jogged off the pitch when subbed and I thought it was just a combination of him being on a yellow and it being his first start so was always likely to go off around the hour mark. Mings near the end looked more of a concern but I presume he's o.k?

He's certainly got something about him to suggest he can be good enough in premier league.

Â