Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Me neither, but I've seen that he's both impressed, and not impressed.

Vintage.....

He was very active, maybe that impressed some.  But did not really show any cutting edge that would put him ahead of our established players.

• Like 3

Looked ok, wouldn't say he was miles better than anyone specifically but no worse than anyone else and was very involved. Plus it's his first minutes in god knows how long and it's a preseason game, was he meant to play like Messi?

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Azaz looked better for me and he was playing in league 2 last season.

Someone with his supposed pedigree should be running the show against a side like Walsall.

Did Luiz, Nakamba or any other midfielder run the show? Buendia certainly didn't and he is one of my favourite players.

Azaz did well, so did Tommy, but I wouldn't say any were specifically better than Sanson but considering there age both looked impressive.

Gerrard might be putting him in the shop window, feels unlikely he will play a part next season regardless of how he does in preseason.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

He played well, but so did all the players, we were playing Walsall who aren't very good even by League Two standards, and it was a friendly, can't really read too much into it, especially in terms of the senior players.

• Like 2

Not going to get too bogged down on individual performances in our first pre season match, but saw Ashley Preece raving about him today, not so sure from me - he’s a very tidy player but didn’t show much cutting edge and either lacked the pace or the confidence to bust forwards on a few occasions when space opened up

3 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Not going to get too bogged down on individual performances in our first pre season match, but saw Ashley Preece raving about him today, not so sure from me - he’s a very tidy player but didn’t show much cutting edge and either lacked the pace or the confidence to bust forwards on a few occasions when space opened up

Not sure why anyone would listen to the football analysis of the likes of Preece or Evans. They are simply writers and not analysts and certainly not ITK.  There are so many Villa vloggers and podcasters that understand the game and analyze them far better than those two. 

I'm not sure what people are expecting ? It's a team game and finding the correct formula for a successful team won't involve every player looking a worldy.

Team balance is more important than any one player. If a player is picked who individually does great but totally upsets the balance then its counter productive to the over all team.

• Like 1

He needs to impress or he will get sold. Hopefully he is given a fair chance to impress pre-season. Such a shame this one, he just hasn’t had a run of games sadly.

I know it was only the first friendly but I thought he was busy but also not as sharp as others. Really want this to work out.

• Like 2

Needs to be getting games next season, could look like a new signing. Heard he is a bit of a lazy trainer, but some players can be, an until you give them games, you don't really know if it effects his overall ability.

22 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

One or two decent moments but other than that, he was the main reason we turned the ball over so much in the second half. Buendia too but this isn’t his thread, so..

Correct. He seemed to want way to long on the ball and got robbed on more than one occasion for not playing the ball quicker.

That said, 45 minutes in a pre-season game, building up fitness, I can (& will) give him the benefit of the doubt and not write him off.

He did one lovely little run down the right touch line where the ref brought the ball back for a foul and Sanson was actually in the clear after evading three men quite nicely.

Hope to see an improved 45 on Wednesday once he builds up his fitness.

• Like 1

Hes a squad player - and his CV suggests a pretty decent one. Injuries, periods of non selection  have limited his chances to show what he can do.

After his initial batch of injuries hes done ok (but no more than that) when called upon.

I think we need to stop over egging him - hes probably not going to step in and set the world on fire - but certainly has a role to play - Perhaps as a fresh pair of legs in a game we are hanging on.

• Like 2

On 09/07/2022 at 22:40, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looked average to me considering the opposition but it’s all about getting fitness so doesn’t really matter how anybody played.

I always thought the lower teams were ahead of us in fitness......so like many, Sanson might be affected by that so early in preseason

Edited by TRO

Â