Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Having thought about it for a few days and watched several YT clips I think Mcginn and Sanson in front of Luiz would be better balanced team than with Barkley at 10 and still very attacking. Sanson is a great signing in that it covers potential return of Barkley and less so Luiz to parent clubs.  

yeah, i wonder if next season we might look at a 433, with Luiz the 6 (or another DM if Luiz leaves), and McGinn/Sanson the two 8s.

That would be a very combative midfield in terms of pressing, running, hustling etc.

or even the 4231 with Sanson the 10, but a 10 that also does a mcginn style pressing job.

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, i wonder if next season we might look at a 433, with Luiz the 6 (or another DM if Luiz leaves), and McGinn/Sanson the two 8s.

That would be a very combative midfield in terms of pressing, running, hustling etc.

or even the 4231 with Sanson the 10, but a 10 that also does a mcginn style pressing job.

Gives us some great options.

4-3-3 with Mcginn and Sanson ahead of Dougie, possibly in games where we have to be a bit more defensive or will have less of the ball.

4-2-3-1 with either Sanson or Mcginn partnering Dougie and Barkley as the 10. Grealish or Sanson can also play as the 10 too.

No real pressure on Sanson to hit the ground running either and with Nakamba's recent improvement and Ramseys emergence, our midfield suddenly looks pretty stacked now and has some really strong competition for places. Very timely especially with all the games were going to have to cram in before the end of the season.

Exciting times, UTV!

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Think part of the reason they are doing so well is they don’t have us lot on their backs when they make a mistake tbh.

yeah, i really hope that when fans are allowed back in, the absence of fans being allowed at matches might make the general fans more......supportive of the team?, dunno.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I look at how many players Southampton had out today I do think we have been very lucky with injuries. If we had an injury crisis like some other teams had we’d really struggle. Very important to continue to build the squad in the summer. 

I'd say we have had some of that this year. Wesley is still out, Heaton was out, Engels out, Hause out, Barkley out, Trez out. That is 6 players who would all be on our bench or starting. Yes we are lucky our best players haven't had serious injuries but we have still had them.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

main things for me.

1) dont judge him after 2 games......

2) As long as our first 11 is fit, he will have time to settle, get some minutes and adjust to the league without the pressure of needing to be thrust in to the team and expected to immediately perform.

Point 2 for me, shows how far we have come, that we can give a (hopefully) talented player time to settle in to the country and team, then when the time comes step up and do a job in an already decent and settled team.

Hopefully with a few months of settling / adjusting, he can be a real player for us next season (and hopefully this season when he plays).

I think the two players we have signed from Ligue 1 could have the potential to be really really good signings for us (Traore/Sanson)

Totally agree. New league, new gaff, new teammates, new system, new language. Easing him in, letting him get to know the guys in training and building up his minutes on the pitch will be vital to how he settles in. Let’s give him a chance and not jump on his back as soon as he misplaces his first pass or mistimes his first tackle. 

I’m really excited. Signing players with this type of pedigree for squad depth? I wouldn’t have believed it this time last year, I barely believe it now - it’s a great time to be a villa fan.

Bon Chance, Monsieur Sanson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Think part of the reason they are doing so well is they don’t have us lot on their backs when they make a mistake tbh.

As bad as this sounds its probably played a part in it... but i also credit the coaches and the players for whats happening.

I'd like to think 40k Villa fans would appreciate that too

He can play 6-8 or 10

I think we have bought a utility player, who will strengthen the squad.....they tell me he has even played full back.....positions don't seem to faze him.

I think this signing was a very wise move.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

As much as we love McGinn and Luiz, to move on we need to buy quality to challenge them and move up a level. We have to be ruthless. It says to the players here already that it's up to them to step up. He has been brought in to rise us up a level and challenge the midfielders here already to step up. Who wants it, can raise it and who can't. Brilliant signing for so many reasons, especially for our progression. Clever Villa. Very clever.

I agree.

very savvy signing imo.

Edited by TRO

Â