Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

To be fair a 3-0 City win is a realistic prediction.

I'd be over the moon with a draw

Me too. In fact, it would be nice simply not to be thrashed by them in the league for once! Good grief. :<

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

Me too. In fact, it would be nice simply not to be thrashed by them in the league for once! Good grief. :<

It'd be nice not to damage our GD too much as its pretty good going into this game. 2 or 3-0 is very acceptable given the circumstances and would be a better result than we usually get there. 

Could do with not getting bookings to Jack, McGinn or Targett of they actually play, as they would then miss the infinitely more winnable Newcastle game.

• Like 2

We have to do many things tomorrow to have a chance....but 2 things stand out for me...

1. We have to beat the press

2. We have to make a good fist of stopping the crosses....too many crosses coming in make chances a lottery for the opposition....so difficult to defend.

City are a lot more cautious these days. Yes they destroyed Palace but they are not as attacking as they were last season.  The longer we can keep it tight without scoring the more chances they will take and we have a lot of quality to hit them on the break. A lot of it depends on the fitness of the players but with a bit of a luck I’m quietly confident we can give them a good game. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have to do many things tomorrow to have a chance....but 2 things stand out for me...

1. We have to beat the press

2. We have to make a good fist of stopping the crosses....too many crosses coming in make chances a lottery for the opposition....so difficult to defend.

I actually sometimes think it’s a bit of a tactic to let so many crosses come in from deep positions. Our centre halves and keeper deal with most of them.  

Their fullbacks will be wingers for a lot of game so whoever plays wide for us they will have to put in one hell of a shift.  I’d probably leave Traore on the bench for this one. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

13 hours ago, cb_82 said:

One little thing to keep an eye on is the storm that's about to hit, Manchester is going to have constant rain for 2 days (2 months worth i think i heard)

I know modern pitches are totally different but that's a lot of rain and so could put the game in doubt or have an effect on the pitch for the game

Outside of that 

City 3 Villa 1

Its interesting you say this as both north west games were called off tonight due to waterlogged pitches, at Blackburn and Blackpool. Heavy rain forecast for the next 24 hours in Manchester. As you say, less likely called off given at the Etihad.

We got to 1-2 in a narrow loss in our Cup final with them last year. That was the team that scraped relegation.

We are flying at the moment, so we have it in us for an upset and - at the very least - let them know they are in a game. The issue is just how much Covid has taken out of our team.

I'm not confident, but hoping for a draw and not a drubbing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

Its interesting you say this as both north west games were called off tonight due to waterlogged pitches, at Blackburn and Blackpool. Heavy rain forecast for the next 24 hours in Manchester. As you say, less likely called off given at the Etihad.

Don't football pitches get covered with a hug tent like thing when the weather is going to be awful?

• Like 1