Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I'm amazed we've been priced that high given our more than decent record v the top teams this season, do the bookies still think it's 19/20? What odds were West Brom when they went there, 40/1?

Guess the crux is they're playing much better now than two months back when they were vulnerable but they're not scoring that many goals for this game to be NID. Us getting first goal here would be huge.

Although Man City have been getting the results as of late they aren't really the Man City of old free scoring side we were used to a couple of season's back.

We are bound to be a bit rusty not having played for so long. I think Man City will just edge it but it will be a tight game.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm amazed we've been priced that high given our more than decent record v the top teams this season, do the bookies still think it's 19/20? What odds were West Brom when they went there, 40/1?

It's the punters not the bookies that ultimately set the odds.

Bookies do the math and take their cut.

Edited by fruitvilla

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Seemingly Matt Targett sold himself and Jack for a hit in the FPL this week. Make of that what you will 😂

Well, he sold Jack the week before it and had Watkins on the bench for the Liverpool match, so maybe he's on to something here.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

In a double game week?! Only someone who’s terrible at FPL, or knows they aren’t playing, would do that.

Targett made the transfers on the 13th...the fixture changes only came out the next day, so maybe he figured the Everton match was off and it wouldn't be a double gameweek...Hourihane kept Jack in the starting line-up!

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ah okay, so not worth reading anything into it then @a-k

How do you get to find their teams anyway?

Google search, and then check the leagues they're in so that it seems legit. Would be pretty coincidental for there to be a small league with a Matt Targett, a John McGinn, a Hourihane, etc. but them all to be name doppelgangers of our players!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Although Man City have been getting the results as of late they aren't really the Man City of old free scoring side we were used to a couple of season's back.

We are bound to be a bit rusty not having played for so long. I think Man City will just edge it but it will be a tight game.

This evening's 4v0 win over Palace seems to blow your comment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is this definitely on.  What's the latest on our situation? 

No one wants another game suspended, and the training ground has been open since yesterday. Id say this is as near as 100% on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just remembered that Newcastle had five first team players test positive and we've had double that, oh no. :< And their five players getting covid seems to have affected Newcastle pretty badly, especially losing Saint-Maximin. How unlucky after our great first half of the season !

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

Just remembered that Newcastle had five first team players test positive and we've had double that, oh no. :< And their five players getting covid seems to have affected Newcastle pretty badly, especially losing Saint-Maximin. How unlucky after our great first half of the season !

Statistically speaking, considering the age and general fitness of players, they have been unlucky!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Man. City cancelled a game because of covid all of three weeks ago although you wouldn't know it given how well they're playing. Was it just reserves who got it or something although I see Aguero is isolating currently and Ederson missed a few games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robby b said:

**** UM OFF GET INTO UM

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm amazed you are still ignoring the fact that we will have an understrength side due to covid.