Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

6 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Alot of talk building about how heavy the rain is now on MCFC forum and twitter -Described as biblical and not getting much better!

Someone on twitter mentioned a storm and a possible postponement yesterday.  I thought they were either exaggerating or taking the piss, and they probably were the former, but yeah it does seem as though it is some weather up there this evening...

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Someone on twitter mentioned a storm and a possible postponement yesterday.  I thought they were either exaggerating or taking the piss, and they probably were the former, but yeah it does seem as though it is some weather up there this evening...

We aren't exactly swimming in the luck pool currently!

Hopefully we line up like this (they've all trained this week):

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz SJM

AEG Barkley Jack

Watkins

I'm really not a fan of our opposition tonight, their fans are quite possibly worse than Man Ure fans nowadays for self-entitlement and they've dicked us so many times over the years. Last win I remember against them was 2013 at VP (and before that 2011 with Bent scoring on his debut) but both games we were fortunate to win. The last time we beat them away was God knows how long ago.

They don't like us very much either, which is ironic considering they nabbed several of our players after they got rich.

We've always been pretty bad in Manchester, whether against their neighbours or them. I remember we finished 4th back in 1996 and they finished 18th and went down, they still beat us twice that season the jammy feckers!

I'd love to beat them for a change but tonight I just hope we give a good account of ourselves, if we get anything from the game great, just don't get slapped by this lot again. That's all I ask for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothing to lose. We have a makeshift team so there really ia no pressure on us tonight 

I expect a loss tbh

Do we know we have a makeshift team? 

Most of the usual first XI have been snapped in the training pics over recent days......

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do we know we have a makeshift team? 

Most of the usual first XI have been snapped in the training pics over recent days......

Smith said there is a difference between training and paying which gave me the impression that there will be a few of those that were pictured still not ready

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

A few posters over on Blue moon have reservations about this going ahead. 

4 minutes ago, DWG_Pauly said:

I'm a bit confused. The PL site says the match is at 12:00 (Central Standard US) and is counting down, but the time listed here is 6:00 pm? Has it really been shifted?

18:00GMT is 12:00CST. KO (if it kicks off...) is 18:00

• Like 1