Formula One - 2021

BOF

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

What really pissed me off was Masi's petulant, unprofessional and patronising reply to Wolff on the radio. 

"It's called motor racing Toto".

Knob.

My favorite moment of his was last week after the Max & Lewis collision, Masi was question by Toto on why they didn’t get the call about Max was ordered to hand the spot back. Masi’s response was there are too many buttons to push. He’s a farce of a race director.

I think the only thing that could possibly save him is, I believe rule 15 states, the race director has ultimate authority on several race aspects, including the use of the safety car. So, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them use the vagueness of that rule to argue what he did was technically within the rules.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Any event that changes the rules on a whim like that isn't a sport imo

Precisely, it's no longer about the drivers or the cars or a race. 

May as well have not run the race at all. 

I used to love F1. I’m done with it now. 
It’s exclusively about making money now. They’re taking obscene amounts of money to hold races in some of the most objectionable countries. That should be bad enough. The fact that they now make up the rules as they go along means it’s fatally undermined as a sport now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

One protest rejected by the FIA. The one for over taking behind the safety car - he did it but not a lot and he was back behind him when the race restarted is the verdict.

Clutching at straws on this one to be honest. He did go in front slightly but then backed off. 

The other one though has to have some positive conclusion.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

One protest rejected by the FIA. The one for over taking behind the safety car - he did it but not a lot and he was back behind him when the race restarted is the verdict.

Fair enough imo. Suspect this was just presented to give the FIA an easy way out by handing him a 5-sec penalty which would conveniently give Hamilton the title.

• Like 1