Formula One - 2021

BOF

In fairness, he didn't seem in the slightest bit affected by being handed the points at Spa, I suspect he'll take the Bahrain result in his stride. Max's mentality will be that he deserved it and therefore it's natural that something happened to correct the cosmic error that had Lewis ahead.

For me Masi shouldn't be gently eased out, it should be the sporting equivalent of a public hanging - I'm struggling to think of another figure across any sport that's delivered what is at best incompetence and at worst outright cheating from a position of authority, ever. His name should forever be synonymous with a certain kind of foul play.

I'm not against separate legal actions against Masi should the FIA find him guilty - if he's decided to make up rules off his own bat and as a result Mercedes have lost several million pounds, I'd love to see him chased through the courts for the money.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The way Max drives and hiw he is prepared to try and get away with anything should tell you how he will handle how he was given the championship. He will not be humble.

Yeah but let's not go too far the other way. Max is very aggressive and he benefitted in the final race, but the most dangerous move of the season was Lewis in Silverstone. Let's not paint this as good versus evil. Over the season, Max was as deserving of the title as Lewis was, and in the end was very fortunate to win it, but it's not like little old Lewis was just minding his own business.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah but let's not go too far the other way. Max is very aggressive and he benefitted in the final race, but the most dangerous move of the season was Lewis in Silverstone. Let's not paint this as good versus evil. Over the season, Max was as deserving of the title as Lewis was, and in the end was very fortunate to win it, but it's not like little old Lewis was just minding his own business.

Nah, they should still award last year's championship to Lewis because he's great.

Seriously though, I was on about Max's attitude not his driving ability. Both of them deserved to win the title in one of the greatest seasons for some time and when it came down to it Lewis won.

Incompetence from a third party handed it to max on a plate. I did not like how the redbull celebrated what happened, it was cheap. Max will be arrogant this year, he won it fair and square, look at me I'm the greatest etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about how Merc/Lewis are dealing with this, part of me thinks just get on with it you childish ***** and part of me understands that they have to make sure the sport is run properly. 

I appreciate how you see it but on balance you are wrong, Lewis on average played the game lot fairer then Max did. 

• Like 1

It still leaves a bad taste even now.

Max was superb over the season and proved himself to be good enough to be a World Champion.

There’s not a lot Max can do really. It wasn’t down to him. If it were me I’d certainly feel it was tainted/hollow. It’ll always be the year that the Steward **** up. 
A bit like the Button year with the rear diffuser. You take it as a driver but you know there’s a little invisible asterisk next to your name in history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It still leaves a bad taste even now.

Max was superb over the season and proved himself to be good enough to be a World Champion.

There’s not a lot Max can do really. It wasn’t down to him. If it were me I’d certainly feel it was tainted/hollow. It’ll always be the year that the Steward **** up. 
A bit like the Button year with the rear diffuser. You take it as a driver but you know there’s a little invisible asterisk next to your name in history.

Guess so, it will all be yesterday's news once the season kicks off.