Formula One - 2021

BOF

It's a difficult one this - the explanation really isn't good.

Basically they've said that the rules are less important than the man they put in charge of the race.

Imagine the FA saying "Yeah, the rules are the rules, but Mike Dean is in charge and we'll go with whatever he decides to do".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Basically they've said that the rules are less important than the man they put in charge of the race.

Imagine the FA saying "Yeah, the rules are the rules, but Mike Dean is in charge and we'll go with whatever he decides to do".

whats the point is racing to "racing regulations", if they can be binned at a whim.

How do you race under those circumstances?

Im 100% not shocked the FIA didnt find themselves in breach of their own regulations, even when they clearly breached them, but its a joke all the same.

• Like 4

Regardless of the personalities involved, the race director just choosing to ignore some rules and the organisation investigating themselves for an hour or two and saying "All good, man" is as big as sporting farce as you can imagine. What a hollow victory.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

You literally can't make it up, Merc will not let this go.... And they shouldn't, I know.the principles of right and wrong have gone out of fashion bit this is just wrong. No spur grapes here, switch drivers and I'd be gutted to win that way, embarrassed. Shame.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

What you mean Lewis avoiding yet another collision. He was ahead and got forced off the track.

Max was ahead at the point of turning, Lewis continued his turn into Max before pushing back to the right and accelerating to keep the lead. 

I'm still concerned about the precedent this sets for the lower placed teams. Basically the race director can arbitrarily deny them a proper chance to race for position if he thinks it would make the leadership challenge more exciting. If I were McLaren or Alpine I'd be furious at this.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Max was ahead at the point of turning, Lewis continued his turn into Max before pushing back to the right and accelerating to keep the lead. 

You obviously don't watch much, we will agree to disagree.

Watch it again, there was no room yet again for Max. If Lewis didn't go off track Max would have hit him.