Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I see that as the FFP bottling it i really do.

Just enough points deducted to pretty much ensure they stay up, done at a time of the season when they could basically work that out. Twelve points would have put them at serious risk of relegation so no they reduce it to 9 hmmmmmn?! How convenient.

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I see that as the FFP bottling it i really do.

Just enough points deducted to pretty much ensure they stay up, done at a time of the season when they could basically work that out. Twelve points would have put them at serious risk of relegation so no they reduce it to 9 hmmmmmn?! How convenient.

I’d wait until we see our situation before thinking they were too lenient. If our accounts are anything to go by if we don’t get promoted we’ll be next.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d wait until we see our situation before thinking they were too lenient. If our accounts are anything to go by if we don’t get promoted we’ll be next.

If we are going to fail anyway we may as well go on a monumental splurge 

So has the Pedersen thing been covered in this points deduction? I kinda had the impression that was a separate issue to the overspending.

Anyway, 9 points, meh. At least we most likely don’t have to worry too much about our own position as it comes across that we’ve been making efforts to comply with FFP.

Edit - having had a little look at the report, yes it does seem to cover the Pedersen transfer.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Absolute bottle job. And of course its the ONLY season where it wouldn't matter to their league status. 

Puts them 18th and 5 points above the drop during their worst spell of form all season. They have lost 4 games on the bounce with West Brom, Leeds and Sheffield United as their next three games. They weren't comfortable enough for this points deduction to not matter. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

we could find ourselves in the farcical position of a league where fourteen teams have had points deductions and the result is largely decided by how teams choose to manage those punishments.

On a related note.  It never ceases to amaze me how many teams in Italy start off each season with negative points.  Over here it's headline news and a real embarrassment.  Over there it seems to be almost par for the course.

*Deep breath*
Serie A this season has Chievo Verona -1
Serie B Foggia -6
Serie C-A has Arzachena -1 and Lucchese -16 (yes sixteen)
Serie C-B has Triestina -1
Serie C-C has Stabia, Trapani, Rende & Siracusa -1 and Monopoli, Rieti -2
It was at this point I started regretting this post ...
Serie D-E has Prato -1
Serie D-F has Campobasso -2 & Avezzano -3
D-G Lupa Roma -2
D-H Taranto -1
D-I Turris -2

• Like 1

Hire Allardyce and you might save yourself from relegation.

Hire Basset and you will get relegated.

Hire Bruce and you get a squad full of elderly journeymen (and potentially promoted)

Hire Redknapp and you will get in financial trouble (and potentially relegated)

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Bonus feature:

9 minutes in dreamland

The bonus feature will include footage of there ZULU firm smashing up toilets and slow motion replays of grealish being punched 

So now after this pathetic punishment it says to me there is absolutely no way in hell we should sell mcginn or grealish in the summer regardless what division what league we are in. We won't get worse than 9 points deduction I'd imagine between 4-6 at worst. I'd rather take the hit as next year having them two we can walk the league under Smith. 

• Like 2

No deterrent. F it spend the 900 million for Messi ronaldo mbappe win the league with 125 points and take the -30 hit! 

Also the slate is wiped clean for blues now? What a crock. They can just do the same again and continue to circle the plug like a turd that won't flush. 

Â