Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

This doesn’t add a great deal more to the subject but it gives a reasonable overview*. 

Interesting to see that Kieran Maguire thinks that the Pedersen signing was the catalyst for this but the official line is that it wasn’t an aggravating factor.

They do seem to be of the opinion the deduction has been deliberately chosen to be a fairly stern deterrent but with also the smallest impact as possible (e.g. not a strong likelihood of a real relegation battle).

*If you’re not distracted by the host’s luscious locks of course.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So now after this pathetic punishment it says to me there is absolutely no way in hell we should sell mcginn or grealish in the summer regardless what division what league we are in. We won't get worse than 9 points deduction I'd imagine between 4-6 at worst. I'd rather take the hit as next year having them two we can walk the league under Smith. 

Knuckledraggers I've seen on social media think THEY are going to walk the league next year, as they've got off lightly.

That's what mass lobotomies does for a community.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I see that as the FFP bottling it i really do.

Just enough points deducted to pretty much ensure they stay up, done at a time of the season when they could basically work that out.

Exactly this. The FFP thing is a joke the way its enforced. Without being an accountant it is hard to state a system that would work but the current one is a nonsense. 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

No deterrent. F it spend the 900 million for Messi ronaldo mbappe win the league with 125 points and take the -30 hit! 

Also the slate is wiped clean for blues now? What a crock. They can just do the same again and continue to circle the plug like a turd that won't flush. 

Isn't that what they are? A turd that just won't flush?

• Like 1

They could have at least passed it over to next season. They've broke all the leagues financial rules and had the slate wiped clean, and the only difference is they'll have a lower mid table finish instead of mid table. Pathetic. 

I am happy the deduction was so low. FFP is failed experiment and everyone knows it. I credit the EFL for acknowledging that but they should just do away with the whole thing,

Now Blues SHOULD be punished severely for creating a dangerous environment for Jack , but thats a different matter.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Financial issues and Championship football clubs beginning with 'B' appear to go hand-in-hand.

Take Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers - two of English football's historical giants. Famous old north-west clubs and founding members of the Football League with 10 FA Cups between them.

Yet in recent days, one faced a winding up orderand the other posted record losses just a few years after both lost their places among the Premier League elite.

And then there is Birmingham City, who on Friday were deducted nine points for a breach of profitability and sustainability rules...(cont)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691385

This cracked me up, thought it might give some of you a chuckle too.

Edited by jjaacckk91
Empty space

On 28/03/2019 at 16:49, Demitri_C said:

I don’t know who to cheer for Friday night. On one hand I think we can still get 4th but on other be hilarious if blose went down. Draw I think I’d be happy with

I'm not at all conflicted on that. I see virtually zero chance of us overhauling the team in fourth, which has a ten point lead and only eighteen available. I see a very, very slim chance of the filth being overhauled by four of the five teams below them (I discount Ipswich, they are mathematically gone in two or three games).

We are talking about gnat's pube differences in likelihood between what position we go in to the playoff, if we make it, compared to whether the filth go down but it is a no-brainer.

Ce soir, je suis boggie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would be an absolute joy to see them relegated.

Too **** right, but it won't happen. They're too **** spawney.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I predict another 'great escape' on the last day of the season staying up by either 1 point or 1 goal difference. 

The Goal difference with a points deduction is an interesting one.  As they got deducted 9 points but kept their goal difference it's like an extra point so in essence an 8 point deduction.  Surely it should be 9 points and minus 9 goals to at least give the teams below a fighting chance.

• Confused 1

Â