Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

There is no chance in hell. They would have to win no more than two games and lose the rest and hope the rest all get a host of wins. 

The good thing though is its going to be almost impossible to not sell Adams in summer. Monk might also just wait for a better offer as that's probably furthest he can take them and leave with his head held high. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no chance in hell. They would have to win no more than two games and lose the rest and hope the rest all get a host of wins. 

The good thing though is its going to be almost impossible to not sell Adams in summer. Monk might also just wait for a better offer as that's probably furthest he can take them and leave with his head held high. 

Have you seen the fixtures? Leeds, Sheffield United and Derby then 4 of the bottom 5.so all teams with something on the line 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Have you seen the fixtures? Leeds, Sheffield United and Derby then 4 of the bottom 5.so all teams with something on the line 

I have a wierd feeling they might do Leeds over next week. Sheffield United well poor result today for them they might go and bottle it now. They will beat two of reading Rotherham and Bolton sadly. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a wierd feeling they might do Leeds over next week. Sheffield United well poor result today for them they might go and bottle it now. They will beat two of reading Rotherham and Bolton sadly. 

If they beat Bolton they should get the 9 points back as they arent playing them ;) Bolton done the double over them already

They seem to play better against the better teams than the weaker teams

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As much as I’d like to see their better players taken, why will it be almost impossible to not sell Adams?

I doubt they’ll need the money, as the 9 point fine came with a wiping of the previous losses, which means they can start the cycle of losing money again, like the rest of us. Also, I think he still has 3-4 years left on his contract.

Hopefully a lower Premier League team swoops in for him and he forces a move himself. That’s the best we can hope for.

• Like 1

No chance they will go down, and as they play Derby I'm going to find myself in the horrible position of hoping they win that one 🙄

12 hours ago, Rob182 said:

As much as I’d like to see their better players taken, why will it be almost impossible to not sell Adams?

I doubt they’ll need the money, as the 9 point fine came with a wiping of the previous losses, which means they can start the cycle of losing money again, like the rest of us. Also, I think he still has 3-4 years left on his contract.

Hopefully a lower Premier League team swoops in for him and he forces a move himself. That’s the best we can hope for.

They don't "start again" though they will be monitored. You think the efl will let them spend 30m in summer and there won't be consequences. As for Adams they will hav eto sell if they get a good offer in. Why would dams stay anyway now? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

They don't "start again" though they will be monitored. You think the efl will let them spend 30m in summer and there won't be consequences. As for Adams they will hav eto sell if they get a good offer in. Why would dams stay anyway now? 

I think the line has been drawn under the last indescretions. So now they can lose 39 mil over the next 3 seasons again? 

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

I think the line has been drawn under the last indescretions. So now they can lose 39 mil over the next 3 seasons again? 

If that's the case the efl ffp is. A joke. We might as well fail ffp next year get a points ban then spend big the following year and then that will almost certainly be promotion under Smith. 

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Posted this a little bit ago. 

But Rotherham’s fixtures are both similar and worse - plus they have to make up 6 points on Blues.

Blues going down isn’t impossible, but it won’t happen. 

9 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Unless the President of the FA applies pressure for an early resolution of the potential penalties for the pitch invader, maybe another 6 pt deduction.

You got more chance of Rotherham going on a 6 game win streak 

On 31/03/2019 at 13:07, av1 said:

No chance they will go down, and as they play Derby I'm going to find myself in the horrible position of hoping they win that one 🙄

You never know,  no other team has had the hard earned points took off them and they lost in the last part of the game against the Albion. 

It's virtually impossible to bet on the Championship as anything can happen.  I wouldn't lose all hope yet.  It would be amazing if they went down and just kept right on the words removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Grealish attacker Paul Mitchell says 'prison was best month of my life' as he's released after just FOUR weeks

Paul Mitchell was jailed after the shocking attack on Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish

The Blues fan jailed after running onto the pitch and punching Aston Villa star Jack Grealish says that prison was “the best month of his life.”

Jobless Paul Mitchell was jailed for 14 weeks following the shocking attack on the Villa captain during the Second City derby at St Andrew’s on March 10.

The 27-year-old later admitted charges of assault and encroachment onto the pitch and was sentenced at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court the following day.

But it has now been revealed that he was released from jail last Monday – just FOUR WEEKS into his prison term.

West Midlands Police mugshot of Paul Mitchell (Image: West Midlands Police)

Speaking after his release, unrepentant Mitchell refused to apologise to Grealish for the attack and added: “It was the best month of my life.”

He said: “I’m out of prison. I was released on Monday. Of course, I’m glad to be out.

“It was the best month of my life. It was hard being away from my family but everything was good.”

Asked whether he regretted his actions, he said: “I’m not prepared to discuss that. I’m not apologising for nothing.”

Sky Sports screengrab showing Paul Mitchell being led off the pitch (Image: Sky Sports)

Neighbours also confirmed Mitchell was now a free man but his local pub has told him he “would not be welcome” back there.

A member of staff at the New Rose and Crown, Mitchell’s nearest pub, said: “Paul Mitchell used to drink here until just before it happened.

“We haven’t seen him since, but he probably wouldn’t be welcome. We have a lot of football fans here.”

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, confirmed she had seen Mitchell in the building in the last week.

“He is out of prison,” she said. “I don’t want to comment on what he did.”

READ MORE

JACK GREALISH ATTACK

Jack Grealish downed Birmingham City

Grealish twitter troll

Jack Grealish attack

Shearer on Jack Grealish attack

Jack attack 'a disgrace'

Jack Grealish speaks after attack

Paul Mitchell: why he invaded pitch

LIVE: Jack Grealish latest

The shocking incident was captured on live TV during the Championship clash between Villa and Blues last month.

Ex-pub manager Mitchell sprinted onto the pitch in the 10th minute of the match and punched the midfielder in the head before being surrounded by stewards.

Grealish, who was knocked to the ground after Mitchell swung the punch from behind, went on to score the only goal of the game.

Paul Mitchell, pictured, was detained in the 10th minute of the Birmingham CIty v Aston Villa match at St Andrews on Sunday, March 10 (Image: BIRMINGHAM MAIL)

READ MORE

Birmingham City thug Paul Mitchell jailed after punching Villa's Jack Grealish for 'a joke'

Mitchell appeared before magistrates the next day, where he was jailed and ordered to pay £100 compensation to the footballer.

Chair of the bench Alison Fisher told him: “This was an unprovoked attack on a footballer who was simply doing his job.

“It was a single punch but with enough force to knock Mr Grealish to the ground.

“This type of behaviour is unacceptable, a view shared by your own football club, who have banned you for life.

“Mr Grealish has stated he was shocked and scared and feels lucky it wasn’t worse.

“More than 23,000 fans were in attendance and the incident was broadcast live across the country.

“Due to the nature of this incident, the court must send a message to fans that players like Jack Grealish are entitled to protection.

“This offence is so serious, we are sending you to prison for 14 weeks, and we are giving you a football banning order for ten years.”

What a **** joke this is

Thing is, an incident like this would ruin a normal bloke's life, being in the lockup would seriously hamper your future job prospects.

This unwashed word removed has never had any job prospects so doesn't give a shit.

Best 4 weeks of his life? Course it is. Access to 3 meals a day and running water is probably a first for this leech.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Thing is, an incident like this would ruin a normal bloke's life, being in the lockup would seriously hamper your future job prospects.

This unwashed word removed has never had any job prospects so doesn't give a shit.

Best 4 weeks of his life? Course it is. Access to 3 meals a day and running water is probably a first for this leech.

They let him out after four bloody weeks. I suspect the cretin is maybe trying to make himself look hard with these comments. 

This scumbag shows what's wrong with the soft British law. Someone else will look at this and think eh he only got four weeks I'll make a name for myself. 

Pathetic and Utter joke. 

• Like 1

Â