Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I was surprised when it happened at the number of blues ashamed of what he did...he was widely condemned by their fan base. Well normal service has been resumed. Most are either in support of the banner for getting a reaction from us or brushing it off as banter

Surely this points deduction is going to be announced during the international break.

Don't tell me the EFL are going to bottle things and wait until after the final game. I can see it now, SHA barely win a game in run in and finish about 7 points clear of 22nd. 6 points deducted. So easy and pain free the EFL are probably going to do it.

If they lost six points now then would be interesting end of the season as they have West Brom, Leeds and Sheffield United as next 3 games.

I’m not as bothered as I was a week or two ago. Regardless of the expected punishment, they won’t be in the play off hunt, they won’t be relegated. Their season essentially ended when we beat them on their turf.

As we may face our own questions regarding FFP, if their punishment is minor, at the very least we’ll have some reassurance that we won’t have anything to worry about - if indeed we do at all.

I know the Pederson thing is something else, a factor that we don’t have to worry about. If that’s the main talking point for the panel then that’s fine with me. 

And I’d like to see some sort of action regarding the pitch invader etc, what action I don’t know, but something. I doubt a point deduction is likely or even the correct action. Restrictions on attendances make more sense to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Reports going around that the hearing on FFP aid due to start today 

FFP aid? 

Is Bob organising another concert?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think that might be better, no chance they are going to make the play-offs now

Will they have another transfer embargo?

Definitely, transfer embargo, lose players like Adams and Morrison in the summer and can't replace them, a - 12 points to start the season. 

Fwiw id have a degree of sympathy here if they hadn't signed pederson, Ive never agreed with ffp or this profit and sustainability bollocks, were likely to breach it ourselves but to be put under the soft embargo and the go and spend £2million on a player anyway. I dunno what they were thinking 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sky saying any points deduction will likely be imposed at the start of next season

Good and hopefully they can only sign loans again they will be serious danger next year. Probably monk will walk if Adams is sold. Adams won't want to hang around that hell hole

On 18/03/2019 at 07:49, Jimzk5 said:

Sky saying any points deduction will likely be imposed at the start of next season

This would be a much better punishment. At this point, a 12 point deduction would put them in the relegation battle, but they would not get relegated. The bottom 2 teams are dire, and they are easily better than Reading, Millwall, and Rotherham. 

49 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This would be a much better punishment. At this point, a 12 point deduction would put them in the relegation battle, but they would not get relegated. The bottom 2 teams are dire, and they are easily better than Reading, Millwall, and Rotherham. 

Absolutely makes sense to do ut next year. Not amny decent players will want to go there knowing they start at - 12 points. Also Monk will look at any opportunity to jump ship as will Adams 

Just going to leave this here... Article from the Independent/Press Association regarding the points deduction:

With club revenues edging up to £18.8million, Birmingham paid out a remarkable £202 in wages for every £100 they brought in, double the league average, and when transfer fees are factored in, that grows to £243 out for every £100 in.

As a result, Birmingham have net liabilities of £55million and owe parent company Birmingham Sports Holdings more than £73million, a sum that will grow over the next 18 months, as the directors' report reveals a further £39million will be needed over the next 18 months to keep the club afloat.

explosion nothing to see here GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â