Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Don’t know why people get their hopes up each year. After the Bolton escape those years ago I knew they were the jammiest team in the whole of the country. How they keep escaping any sanctions or real punishment because of their dealings the last decade or so I’ll never know. Dodgiest team in the world. Someone at the Sty has some serious dirt on someone at the efl. Fetid bunch of spanner’s. 

• Like 2

They're battling hard but they still look rubbish, which ever way you freak it the gaps still back to three points if Rotherham beat Wycombe and Rotherham will still have three games in hand after that fixture, and four games in hand after blose play Brentford, hopefully Brentford don't take them lightly. Far from over yet.

12 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If the Alexander Stadium were to become a football stadium, what would happen to the athletics? The national competitions, the Diamond League meetings, Birchfield Harriers. It's the home of UK Athletics, would they move too?

I can't see how one of the premier athletics sites in the country could suddenly be converted to something else. It isn't like the Olympic stadium which wasn't there before and had no obvious use case afterwards. This is a totally different scenario, so I'd be astonished if anything other than "carry on as before but with a slightly nicer stadium" was the end result here.

Your absolutely right, it won't happen for the reasons as you say being home of UK Athletics, Birchfield Harriers etc. They would be throwing a whole lot of history and prestige away for them numptys to move in. 

It was just something i thought about when they sold their ground the other day, plus all the work they are going to need to do on the s***thole. 

Reading my post back the other day....i dont know what i was thinking advocating them ever moving into a venue such as the Alexander tbh!! It just felt that slowly things were lining up for them... as you rightly say though the venue itself has never been used for anything other than athletics and the odd concert here and there! Never has been and never will be any need for a football club.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 16:31, TrentVilla said:

As amusing as the story about their ground is I can’t help but feel there is more to this which might not be so funny.

The lease is pretty short, could it be that they have their eyes on the Commonwealth stadium being build in Perry Barr?

After the games there is going to be a stadium with a 40k capacity needing to be used. I can see them moving and the Sty getting knocked down.

I’d hate to see them get a West Ham style deal and land on our doorstep.

Its suppose to revert to an 18000 stadium post games isnt it. 

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why are people that disappointed. Aye it would be good for them to drop even further but ultimately they are going to spend the next decade circling the drain at the very best 

Yeah, either way it's a win win. Relegated is great but it would probably lead to them winning quite a few games. 

They stay up, they all get their stupid hopes up again, only for it to become obvious in October that they're going to struggle and then boo another manager till he's sacked. 

And repeat.

• Like 1

Yep, throw in some dong stay aways and a bit of apathy and watch the attendances get even worse, the finances get even worse and just continue the slide in to absolute nothingness 

Don't want them going down and winning more games 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't want them going down and winning more games 

If they do go down they wont be winning much in league 1 as their finances would be borderline bankruptcy.

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, either way it's a win win. Relegated is great but it would probably lead to them winning quite a few games. 

They stay up, they all get their stupid hopes up again, only for it to become obvious in October that they're going to struggle and then boo another manager till he's sacked. 

And repeat.

Sunderland say hi

• Like 2

Just now, AXD said:

Sunderland are currently 3rd, so winning quite a few games. Wigan in 22nd maybe? Or Bolton in league two?

The mackems have been in league one for three seasons, not a great winning record :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

More chaos across town this time with their women’s team, big article in the Telegraph this morning. Not paying minimum wage, poor conditions etc.

About 15 years ago my boss at the time had a daughter in their girls youth team.

They decided to raise some funds on first team match day outside the ground and Karen Brady had security remove them.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

More chaos across town this time with their women’s team, big article in the Telegraph this morning. Not paying minimum wage, poor conditions etc.

Their womens team is better than their 1st team. We should poach all their best players.

Massive day for rotherham.  Wycombe at home must win for them.

All the teams aroubd blose play today so this is a real chance to put them under pressure as blose play brentford tomorrow night. Brentford need to win and im sure if they play half decent they will easily beat blose

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Massive day for rotherham.  Wycombe at home must win for them.

All the teams aroubd blose play today so this is a real chance to put them under pressure as blose play brentford tomorrow night. Brentford need to win and im sure if they play half decent they will easily beat blose

Brentford haven't beaten the vermin in the last five attempts.

Just looking at Rotherham's fixtures, later this month they have to play four games in eight days, so not ideal for them, and the last of those four games when they will be at their most tired is against small heath. And after those fixtures they have another game three days later, so it's basically five games in eleven days that they have to play, or if you count the whole month, seven games in seventeen days.

Â