Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I pray they find Asbestos,  like loads of it and an unexploded bomb from WW2 and then a Roman burial site.

+ Viking long ship, T-Rex skeleton and a perfectly preserved Villa shirt under the centre mark.

• Haha 2

Apparently it turns out that the buyer is connected to 'Mr King' after all, but you'd think the authorities would look into him, he hasn't even passed any of the suitability tests.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I pray they find Asbestos,  like loads of it and an unexploded bomb from WW2 and then a Roman burial site.

Don't forget crested newts. 😅

• Haha 1

Had to drive past the shithole today.

It's difficult to convey in words how awful the ground is and what a mess the surrounding areas are. Why someone would even consider buying even 1% of a tip like that, I have no idea. I know Wheldon wanted it for the scrap metal, but that was different.

As amusing as the story about their ground is I can’t help but feel there is more to this which might not be so funny.

The lease is pretty short, could it be that they have their eyes on the Commonwealth stadium being build in Perry Barr?

After the games there is going to be a stadium with a 40k capacity needing to be used. I can see them moving and the Sty getting knocked down.

I’d hate to see them get a West Ham style deal and land on our doorstep.

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As amusing as the story about their ground is I can’t help but feel there is more to this which might not be so funny.

The lease is pretty short, could it be that they have their eyes on the Commonwealth stadium being build in Perry Barr?

After the games there is going to be a stadium with a 40k capacity needing to be used. I can see them moving and the Sty getting knocked down.

I’d hate to see them get a West Ham style deal and land on our doorstep.

Imagine them trying to fill a 40k stadium? They would be lucky if they can fill up half of it. 

You might be on to something but there has been big disgust at the west ham deal. Surely they wont allow some crappy championship club owned by your dodgy Chinese to feed off the taxpayer either? 

Edited by Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I think the Alexander Stadium's capacity is being reduced to around 18,000 after the Commonweath games.

Yep, I think that's the case. I think there might also have been some link to the IOC and their demands on stadium legacy that the Alexander Stadium doesn't have to fulfil as an already existing facility that means there isn't the same pressure to have to find a use for a white elephant.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At what point do the EFL jump in on this and ask what the heck is going on?

You're right they need to jump in and ask what the eff is going on, but realistically what can they do about it? Very little., I think.

They can "punish" the Club for the actions of the ownership, which has precisely no upsides for the actual victims of the ways it's run. A foreign based owner sells a piece of property they own to another foreign based entity  - they can't stop that, they're football administrators and have no legal powers in that regard. Nothing (as far as we know) illegal has been done. The power and ability of the EFL johnnies to control/prevent/limit the actions of (particularly) foreign owners is extremely limited, more so once they've got hold of a club. I mean the biggest penalty they can do is to remove their permission to play in the league(s) - or deduct points  - which will only imperil the club further. Fines - they're skint, so ditto. Anything else is utterly ineffective "please don't sell the sty to a property developer who will turn it into a supermarket or whatever, because we'll be all cross, like".

Small Heath looks like going the same way Wolves did in the 80s - plummeting down with a dilapidated ground and dwindling gates. It's one thing to laugh at the hapless heathens bumbling about aimlessly in (real division 2 or 3 in old money), but if that happened and they lost their ground and ended up in the bottom tier, I worry I'd feel pity for them, which has only happened once before in my lifetime and passed quickly. I don't think I could cope.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, turnbull said:

Had to drive past the shithole today.

It's difficult to convey in words how awful the ground is and what a mess the surrounding areas are. Why someone would even consider buying even 1% of a tip like that, I have no idea. I know Wheldon wanted it for the scrap metal, but that was different.

I just did a Google drive-by on Cattel Rd. Barely recognized the place ... Fifty years ago I used to go along that route to school. (54 Bus). 

It is a lot better now than in the middle and late sixties.

Edited by fruitvilla

It is interesting to see what will happen with the Alexander stadium after the commonwealth. At this stage i think it will go back to the 18000 capacity and carry on as it always has done and as planned.... saying that, the way things seem to be lining up over there you could see this happening. 

I wouldn't be that bothered in all honesty if they did, they are pratically on our doorstep currently anyway. North Birmingham has been and always will be Villa... when you come down the hill on Walsall road past the old clifton bingo you dont see Alexander stadium...... You see Villa park front and Center..... they would absolutely be right underneath our shadow if they moved there!

Â