Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Do they realise Bellingham doesn't play for them anymore? They go on about him like he's still at blues 

Come on...they still crow about Beelzebub Francis, another player who had to escape the sty to do any good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Do they realise Bellingham doesn't play for them anymore? They go on about him like he's still at blues 

It's all they got - i've said it before on here. It's a pathetic attempt at basking in reflected glory of some kid who left as soon as it suited him, but made out he was sacrificing his place at his beloved blose to help the club out and the great unwashed lapped it up.

An ex work colleague if mine is the typical bitter nose & I checked his twitter feed - he puts on almost a running commentary for every SHA game and it's hilarious at times ! Last night, he felt like a proud dad seeing "our Jude" come on.........and various other puke inducing comments on his performance.......strangely, not a mention was made about Ollie or his goal.

Bellingham a wonderkid ? Well, even Gabby's scored more goals at the sty that St Jude 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It's all they got - i've said it before on here. It's a pathetic attempt at basking in reflected glory of some kid who left as soon as it suited him, but made out he was sacrificing his place at his beloved blose to help the club out and the great unwashed lapped it up.

An ex work colleague if mine is the typical bitter nose & I checked his twitter feed - he puts on almost a running commentary for every SHA game and it's hilarious at times ! Last night, he felt like a proud dad seeing "our Jude" come on.........and various other puke inducing comments on his performance.......strangely, not a mention was made about Ollie or his goal.

Bellingham a wonderkid ? Well, even Gabby's scored more goals at the sty that St Jude 😂

If Jack left last season and played for England this season, many people would be saying “our Jack”. 
I think it’s hard to argue that Jude isn’t a wonder kid. He is a very talented footballer and will only get better. 

This is what I don't get. I get that you'll want to watch the progression of one of your academy players who is a fan and all that, but he spent one season in the first team and left. Retiring the number after one season was already pathetic enough, but they're so strangely possessive when he's not even their player. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If Jack left last season and played for England this season, many people would be saying “our Jack”. 
I think it’s hard to argue that Jude isn’t a wonder kid. He is a very talented footballer and will only get better. 

I disagree. We'll want jack to do well and we'll know better than most other england fans how good he is, but I don't think we'll go on about him the way blues do about jude. 

Honestly,  they talk about him like he's still playing for them

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

If and when Grealish leaves then of course I'll have a gander at how he is doing but that's it. He wouldn't be "our Jack", just like "our Dwight" or "our Gareth", but that might just be me. 

I guess it distracts sha from their own shitshow 

• Thanks 1

They have every right to be proud of him and claim him as theirs. They’d be wrong not to, actually.

Retiring his shirt, though, was absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont see an issue with the love for Bellingham, its a club that isnt going to reach any decent football heights again. Im sure Exeter fans were similar about Ollie last night

Yeah tbh I don't mind it either. Retiring the number was absolute tinpot, but the player will always be one of theirs. I'll certainly always be very protective of Jack no matter where he ends up. The logic is similar even if the scale of achievement between the 2 while at their clubs could scarcely be greater.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont see an issue with the love for Bellingham, its a club that isnt going to reach any decent football heights again. Im sure Exeter fans were similar about Ollie last night

yeah you're probably right and it highlights the difference between the stature of the 2 clubs. jack is not going to be the last england star that we produce. bellingham likely will be the last that's produced by blues, certainly in this generation anyway. similar regarding exeter and ollie

20 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If Villa signed Bellingham would they still go on about him is the question.

Yes.

He'd be the turncoat scum.

Â