Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

21 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If Villa signed Bellingham would they still go on about him is the question.

They would know how it feels after they stole Hogan and Gardner from us 😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They reckon his younger brother is better than him.

I dont believe that for a second. He would have been poached by now

We said the same about the Gardners and Moore brothers. I hear people say the same about the Ramsey brothers

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's amazing the amount of times they reckon that about players and it's amazing how often it isn't true. 

Yep Thorgan Hazard while a decent pro now I think suffered under that weight of expectation. And his heights are nowhere near where Eden's were. 

Knowing the sty they'll be 5 mins from liquidation and bell the younger will bail them out 

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's amazing the amount of times they reckon that about players and it's amazing how often it isn't true. 

I am pretty sure it starts from the older brother saying the younger brother is better then fans jump on it

I haven't seen many if any say that Jobe Bellingham is better, maybe a few are suggesting that he's the better player at the same age, to be fair he only turned fifteen in September and is already playing and scoring for their U18 team and he's an England youth international, so it's not as if they're rating him just because of who his older brother is.

Same with Aaron Ramsey, pretty sure he's been more prolific for our youth teams than Jacob has been and is also an England Youth international and captain, so again he's highly rated in his own right.

Also Gary Gardner was better than Craig Gardner before his injuries and Luke Moore had a much better career than Stefan Moore.

It's often the media that claim that the younger player is 'even' better in order to get to attract attention to their stories.

Edited by useless

I think there's a few important factors to consider. Not many people see a decent sample size of games at that level, and you can't judge potential off a single game. Remember when a portion of Villa fans reckoned Stefan Moore would go on to better things than Rooney?

There are also just so many ways a young promising player can have their career ruined, be it injury, having a poor attitude and thinking they've made it, or simply being an early bloomer that never pushes on.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

We said the same about the Gardners and Moore brothers. I hear people say the same about the Ramsey brothers

Very true. The moores were really hyped but both veey really average.  I did think luke moore was going to be great at one point.

I remember when the papers were saying gary gardner was being tracked by the milan clubs and now he plays for blose 😂

On 20/03/2021 at 20:08, mottaloo said:

I've just had an amusing thought - what if Dong's overlords do sack him & replace him with someone even worse ?!

Be careful what you wish for .SHA  😂

paul-faulkner-2017-web.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very true. The moores were really hyped but both veey really average.  I did think luke moore was going to be great at one point.

I remember when the papers were saying gary gardner was being tracked by the milan clubs and now he plays for blose 😂

Gary Gardner had a bad injury at a young age, probably ruined his development but we will never know 

Villa fans expected great things from him, maybe a word of warning for throwing our youngsters into the 1st team now

On 26/03/2021 at 18:11, Zatman said:

Luke was miles better than stefan so I'd say folks were pretty accurate with that one to be fair 

Just following the religious fruit 'n nuttery  on the Villa Facebook page regarding wishing people happy holidays 'n all.

Well the spirit overcame me. Happy holidays to the supporters who have the Blues just off the Coventry Road.

15 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Just following the religious fruit 'n nuttery  on the Villa Facebook page regarding wishing people happy holidays 'n all.

Well the spirit overcame me. Happy holidays to the supporters who have the Blues just off the Coventry Road.

FB_IMG_1591462355100.jpg

• Like 2

Â