Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rotherham have recorded 25 positive Covid tests this week. 

They are the only club in England with any positive tests.

What the hell are they doing?

Yep while likes of Karanka and Rooney have been a bit salty about their fixture pile up there's something not right as they've had games called off for covid for last two months so surely it should've gone through their squad and staff like it did us in January and Newcastle in December.

How many people actually worked at their training ground as 25 is incredibly high number for a group setting considering where we are now, I doubt the schools that are currently testing are getting results like that.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This was my point earlier. How can every other club manage this yet they cant??

Same as Villa really - we had what, 13 positives in one go?

All it takes is 2 of them, and it can quickly multiply. 

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Could Rotherham actually be 'false reporting' to give their players the best chance to recover before assaulting their fixture pile-up? Could be a smart move... or not. 

Not, if Tuesday night is an indicator

The shit that won't flush, a terrible football club that play awful football, losing 50% of their games, staying up on the basis of their being 3 worse teams, sacking a manager every season, losing any player that's even half decent 

I think it's perfect personally, wouldn't mind them getting 20 years of it while there's also no investment, the ground falls further in to disrepair and the crowds dwindle 

• Like 1

That's what is keeping them up. The teams at the bottom of the championship are REALLY bad. They always stay up on the basis that there are at least 3 teams somehow worse than them. That and they always seem to shithouse a couple of freak results against the likes of Brentford earlier in the season and give themselves a headstart before their inevitable post-Xmas collapse. 

They call us lucky, but they somehow manage to avoid further points deduction while Sheff Wed's punishment seems to have pretty much sent them down. 

• Like 1

How are they not in administration this is what i dont get? The clubs finances are a complete and utter mess.

11 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

That's what is keeping them up. The teams at the bottom of the championship are REALLY bad. They always stay up on the basis that there are at least 3 teams somehow worse than them. That and they always seem to shithouse a couple of freak results against the likes of Brentford earlier in the season and give themselves a headstart before their inevitable post-Xmas collapse. 

They call us lucky, but they somehow manage to avoid further points deduction while Sheff Wed's punishment seems to have pretty much sent them down. 

Oh this is exactly it. But eventually as we know they will go down if they dont improve. 

I cant see them signing many players come the summer.no fans,no money and no players worth any significant value

It's both tragic and funny that a City (and conurbation) the size of Birmingham has only one big club and one absolute laughing stock. And, although there have been brief periods when they were actually above us in the league structure, the big club has always - always - been Aston Villa. Any neutral fan would agree with that without hesitation.

They're shit, and they know they are. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's both tragic and funny that a City (and conurbation) the size of Birmingham has only one big club and one absolute laughing stock. And, although there have been brief periods when they were actually above us in the league structure, the big club has always - always - been Aston Villa. Any neutral fan would agree with that without hesitation.

They're shit, and they know they are. 

Even trying to be objective, in terms of status, the gulf between the two is probably the biggest in England. 

Looking at the other derbies, there’s not really anything that compares when it comes to disparity. Maybe over in Nottingham, Notts County are the poorer relation to Forest, but despite their lack of success they still have a certain standing in the game. 

• Like 1

They're not safe yet, still a lot of football to be played, and form can be volatile in the championship, nothing to say that Rotherham and even The Owls can't string a few results together to make it interesting. At this stage last season they were eight points clear of safety and there were four teams between them and the relegatizon zone, and those teams didn't have games in hand, but they still weren't safe going into the last game of the season.

49 minutes ago, useless said:

They're not safe yet, still a lot of football to be played, and form can be volatile in the championship, nothing to say that Rotherham and even The Owls can't string a few results together to make it interesting. At this stage last season they were eight points clear of safety and there were four teams between them and the relegatizon zone, and those teams didn't have games in hand, but they still weren't safe going into the last game of the season.

Logically your right but problem is rotherham and esp sheff wed are absolutely useless.

Sheff wed and went and got aplayer sent off and gifted blose 3 points. Then yesterday they winning and score a og. Its like they have accepted league one

While we all want the stinking turd to finally disappear down the drain, in some ways it might be better for them to stay up. It’s not like they’ve got any realistic chance of progression, and years of simply existing to hope they don’t go down whilst losing every week is satisfyingly soul destroying. 

If they do go down, it’s possible (but unlikely given the massive mess they’ll be in) that they could be in a promotion race. That means winning games, and happy fans. I think the no hope failure of perpetually circling the drain might just be what they deserve most.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

While we all want the stinking turd to finally disappear down the drain, in some ways it might be better for them to stay up. It’s not like they’ve got any realistic chance of progression, and years of simply existing to hope they don’t go down whilst losing every week is satisfyingly soul destroying. 

If they do go down, it’s possible (but unlikely given the massive mess they’ll be in) that they could be in a promotion race. That means winning games, and happy fans. I think the no hope failure of perpetually circling the drain might just be what they deserve most.

Good points. Thing is, I would love them to do a double dip and languish in div 2 for a long time - at the very least. 

They'd put up with being bottom 5 of the championship because it means they can proudly wear their "we're shit and proud" badge of honour but without being relegated. 

Also, the kid in a sweetshop giddiness they get when they're only 25 points off a play off place amuses me; even more than the frenzy of pride when they see Jude "I don't actually play for SHA any more" Bellingham get picked for the national side. 

It's a desperate and pathetic attempt at basking in diluted and reflected glory that makes me smile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Good points. Thing is, I would love them to do a double dip and languish in div 2 for a long time - at the very least. 

They'd put up with being bottom 5 of the championship because it means they can proudly wear their "we're shit and proud" badge of honour but without being relegated. 

Also, the kid in a sweetshop giddiness they get when they're only 25 points off a play off place amuses me; even more than the frenzy of pride when they see Jude "I don't actually play for SHA any more" Bellingham get picked for the national side. 

It's a desperate and pathetic attempt at basking in diluted and reflected glory that makes me smile.

Yeah, fu*k em! 
good mythical morning poop GIF by Rhett and Link

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

A man after my own heart

• Like 1

If they do go down, it’s possible (but unlikely given the massive mess they’ll be in) that they could be in a promotion race. That means winning games, and happy fans. 

The thought of them winning promotion from League 1 and having an open top bus parade around "their" city fills me with dread.

I said it a few pages back, I dont care what league there in so long as we dont have to play them

If that means them shit housing safety year after year, that means the longer they still get run by those chancers who are draining the club

So, in a years time will Bowyer still be there? They have a penchant for sacking shit house managers (rowett  monk) in favour of someone promising total football

Throw in the fact that in the last 2 years they've been bailed out by selling Adam's and Bellingham, they have no assets to sell this summer, and a stadium that is unsafe, the funny yet annoying part of that is it wont affect them that much when fans can return as they only get 10k gates anyway

In summary. **** em.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

The thought of them winning promotion from League 1 and having an open top bus parade around "their" city fills me with dread.

Me too, nobody wants to see hundreds of smelly, gap-toothed knuckle draggers throwing cheap cider round town. 

Me too, nobody wants to see hundreds of smelly, gap-toothed knuckle draggers throwing cheap cider round town. 

If that open top bus parade coincides with the start of a night shift at the Land Rover then there'll be 50,000 less of them there to see it 🤣

Edited by mottaloo

Â