Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

He’s got 10 games to become a legend.

Come on Lee, don’t **** this up and don’t polish the turd.

Achieve relegation and you can have the freedom of the City.

He will be a legend in Birmingham in 10 games time, just depends which side are hailing him. I think he will keep them up sadly.

It would be funny to see them go down, but they’d probably have a decent year next year if they do.

I’m not overly fussed. If they survive they’ll just be delaying the inevitable for another year of circling the drain which is also nice to see. 

• Like 2

If he keeps them up I think it will be more to do with new manager bounce than anything else, in the long term I can't see him doing very well with them, will probably fall out with their owners at some point. If they do go down I don't think it will be easy for them to come back up, I'd imagine they'd lose most of their players as not sure they'd be able to afford their wages as a league one club, so would have a lot of rebuilding to do.

It seems like they have a cycle - blose sack manager after floating close to relegation he keeps them up then same following year sack manager and keeps them up.

Sacking karanka and his team must have cost them a absolute fortune

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not officially sacked him yet have they?

Some rumours that hes been put on gardening leave and Bowyer wonr be named manager but head coach, as karanka will still technically be the manager, but told to stay away

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems like they have a cycle - blose sack manager after floating close to relegation he keeps them up then same following year sack manager and keeps them up.

They're just like we were between 2011-15.

And you know that sort of s*** irrelevance and just existing in a league is killing them so much inside.

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Not officially sacked him yet have they?

Some rumours that hes been put on gardening leave and Bowyer wonr be named manager but head coach, as karanka will still technically be the manager, but told to stay away

Praying this is true 😆 When they sack Bowyer in 10 games times they can put him on gardening leave too and hire a new “team leader”. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cyrusr said:

If it is him, surely they would still have to pay some comp. to Charlton, too suspicious for him to resign the same day. I do wonder if they are prepping for League 1, which given the position they are currently in would be a little surprising to be honest. Were the finances released the other day? Is there a difficulty with those? 

Newcastle had a similar issue with hiring Bruce from Sheffield Wed. They ended up paying some form of compensation iirc

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Newcastle had a similar issue with hiring Bruce from Sheffield Wed. They ended up paying some form of compensation iirc

Yes there are rumours that they still have to be compensation.  The speculation is between 250k-400k

Add that to the millions its costing them to sack karanka and his huge backroom team 

43 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Is ‘new manager bounce’ actually a real thing?

It always seems to get mentioned whenever a new manager comes in but it seems like more often than not there is no sudden change in fortunes. 

Chelsea say hi ;)

A new manager can often inspire a “bounce” if the players he inherits have a lack of confidence and belief. It’s harder when they have a basic lack of ability. The noses lack all three. Bowyer has picked the wrong club here.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Is ‘new manager bounce’ actually a real thing?

It always seems to get mentioned whenever a new manager comes in but it seems like more often than not there is no sudden change in fortunes. 

No, statistically there is no such thing. I suspect it is a bit of a relic like some managers.

The game of old was about motivation, throwing things and getting players to react so I can see it was a thing, these days its about tactics, coaching and set up so I think it is far harder to spark an improvement in results quickly. Watch them win 3 on the bounce now I've said that.

Karanka had clearly lost the players which is a factor in their results but the players are also just not very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Karanka had clearly lost the players which is a factor in their results but the players are also just not very good.

Every single Blooser who rings the WM phone-in claims they have a top 6, if not top half at least squad. As long as you've "watched and bit, played a bit" you know your football.

Mate.

• Haha 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Yeah Chelsea improved, West Brom didn’t. I wonder if someone has gone through a big analysis of whether a change in management gives a sudden upturn in fortunes on average. 

I cant think of any Villa managers, maybe Gregory when he came in. Sherwood and Smith even lost a few early doors

Â