Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Depends what you’d consider a “bounce” to be. Kinda open to interpretation.

I think in fairness Bruce had a positive start with us, first 7 matches, 4 wins, 3 draws. Or 7 wins and 3 draws from his first 12, if you prefer. But of course, there’s the argument that that’s roughly the return that squad should have been achieving anyway. Results obviously improved massively - initially anyway.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I cant think of any Villa managers, maybe Gregory when he came in. Sherwood and Smith even lost a few early doors

Lambert did well to start with. If i remember i think o'leary did as well.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Pretty sure Lambert lost his 1st 3 games bit i also dont include new manager bounce it they have a pre-season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Was DOL first game a  home draw versus Liverpool? A very long time ago.

How many managers have Blues had since Mcleish-it must be close to double figures.  Before that there managers stayed quite  a while- Mcleoish, Bruce, Francis even Barry Fry had at least 2-3 years.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Was DOL first game a  home draw versus Liverpool? A very long time ago.

How many managers have Blues had since Mcleish-it must be close to double figures.  Before that there managers stayed quite  a while- Mcleoish, Bruce, Francis even Barry Fry had at least 2-3 years.

O'Leary lost his 1st game after dropping Mellberg 🙄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure Lambert lost his 1st 3 games bit i also dont include new manager bounce it they have a pre-season 

Yeah, I think manager bounces are really only ever spoken of when made during the season.

Even so, 1 win in 9 (including 5 defeats) does not a new manager bounce make.

On 15/03/2021 at 10:52, Demitri_C said:

Rotherham game against Coventry apparently will be played after the seaaon ends. Imagine blose win last game takes them out if the relegation zone go 3 points clear  Then rotheeham win against Coventry and stay up on goal difference 

Even better would be if a draw kept Rotherham and Coventry up, sending blues down.

gif-los-simpsons-futbol-3.gif

Surely would never be allowed to happen. I also would have thought they could play at least 1 of the 4 matches they need to catch up during the international break, against a team who agrees because they don't have (m)any players called up.

Every time I look at Rotherham's and Wednesday's fixtures they always seem to have difficult games, Watford for Rotherham this evening and then Bristol City at the weekend, Wednesday play Barnsley at the weekend as well, they've just won seven of their last eight and drawn the other.

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rotherham getting battered 

Had a big break and look even more useless than before

they are 22nd and are playing a team who will probably be promoted. They had a break from COVID, not exactly a fun relaxing break

They were 6/1 to win today at home

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 4

Most important thing this week is that small heath lose their games, as it was always likely that Rotherham were going to struggle against Watford, and probably Bristol City as well. If they lose tomorrow that will be good, and a bonus if Wednesday can beat Huddersfield to close some ground on them.

But they're extremely lucky that their rivals form has been so woeful, Wednesday have lost seven games in a row and Rotherham if they lose today will have lost eight in a row, dosen't get much more jammier than that if you're just one place and three points above the relegation zone and the two teams below have been showing that kind of form.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they are 22nd and are playing a team who will probably be promoted. They had a break from COVID, not exactly a fun relaxing break

They were 6/1 to win today at home

Blose didnt lose to them 4-1 at home.  

Â