Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Additional to my previous comment in here, it seems that the ‘it’s just rumours’ comment from Pep Clotet, was followed up by him saying that Monk has said nothing to him, other than that he’s due back at the ground on the 21st to return for pre-season. It seems odd that his assistant wouldn’t have had any confirmation that he’s staying, so maybe there’s more in it.

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's hard to know how to feel about this without the facts. If GM is having a tantrum about lack of funds, and the Jota deal but the clubs is absolutely skint then he's just gotta suck it up.

Whilst SHA got some good press for "helping" Coventry with a ground share... I suspect it was also because they are flat broke and need to do it to stay afloat.

Er... no it isn't :)

Whatever the facts, if Monk goes that its just funny. I'd don't really care why.

As it happens though, I don't see why he does have to just "suck it up" if they are skint.

Well at least it confirms that Gary Monk has at least something between his ears.

It wasn't him that wanted to swap Jota for Gardner.

I'd be carting a manager off to the mental hospital if they voluntarily went for that deal.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Er... no it isn't :)

Whatever the facts, if Monk goes that its just funny. I'd don't really care why.

As it happens though, I don't see why he does have to just "suck it up" if they are skint.

Probably because they can't click their fingers and un-skint themselves.....

• Like 1

I think it's more the owners who are unhappy with Monk as strange as that might sound, according to that blogger of theirs who does all the investigating into their Chinese ownership, and is usually pretty reliable, the ceo had told the owners at the start of last season that they should expect top six, and Monk has failed to deliver that. They're also apparently unhappy with the football Monk has them playing, basically it sounds like it could be a repeat of what happened when they sacked Rowett.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it's more the owners who are unhappy with Monk as strange as that might sound, according to that blogger of theirs who does all the investigating into their Chinese ownership, and is usually pretty reliable, the ceo had told the owners at the start of last season that they should expect top six, and Monk has failed to deliver that. They're also apparently unhappy with the football Monk has them playing, basically it sounds like it could be a repeat of what happened when they sacked Rowett.

Bring back Zola!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

The cynic could say that he was just waiting for a reason to get all mad and angry.

yep, knows they're going nowhere, got nothing to spend and wants a reason to walk away without looking like the bad guy

To be fair after what he's done there I am really surprised a bigger club hasn't made him an offer anyway.  He's way too good a manager for them.

So we are on the verge of signing a 20m striker and have a trip at Tottenhams brand new stadium  while at the sty their manager is unhappy and wants to go and they have a trip to Kenilworth road to look forward to.

• Like 3

Â