How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points will we get from our next 5 games  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Palace(H) Chelsea(A) Man Utd(A )Spurs (H) Everton(H)

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 08:52

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Man Utd have so many talented players up front.

Martial, Rashford, Fernandes etc.

We will need our fair of luck to get something

Martial has scored one league goal all season!

Rashford talented enough but we handled him quite well last year.

In the 2-2 last year they started Brandon Williams, Andreas Periera, Dan James and Mata  and Lingard came on as a late sub so think we need to hope they get a few injuries and suspensions over xmas break. McTominay did his groin at end of Leeds game so that could be the first one.

Fresh Barkley will hopefully be a big boost for us as surely he'll be available in next 10 days and he's hardly played for two months.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Martial has scored one league goal all season!

Martial is more of a Firminho type striker.

Linking up the play, holding up the ball and creating space for others. He is exceptionally talented at what he does.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm being optimistic...I think as much as many are concerned about playing the big teams I'm not. They'll press and we can counter as well as anyone this year. We are a serious threat to anyone who gets too careless against us... 

I got us hitting 8 points. Draw palace, draw Chelsea, Beating UTD, lose to spurs and beat everton. 

The way the season has gone to date we will probably win the away games and lose the games at Villa Park. I think if we can average a point a game from these five fixtures, we will have done really well. I'm going for 5 - 7 points.

• Like 2

Anything >6 points and it’s a really good return for a tough set of fixtures.

Palace is the easiest on paper. We must do them to get a good start on this run. 

My bet with my friend that we will be above United after the game in Jan could be very close. 

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Be delighted with midtable. We stayed up on the last day.

This.

After staying up on the last day, survival had to be minimum standard. Around 12th is really very good. Top half is Manager of the Year material.

Very tough to predict but I’m going to say between 5-7 points.  Hoping for more obviously but that would be a decent return.

One thing is for sure here, none of those teams will see us as an easy game.  We’re becoming hard to beat and dangerous going forward.  We should no longer fear playing these teams.

39 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Very tough to predict but I’m going to say between 5-7 points.  Hoping for more obviously but that would be a decent return.

One thing is for sure here, none of those teams will see us as an easy game.  We’re becoming hard to beat and dangerous going forward.  We should no longer fear playing these teams.

Posts like this make me puff my chest out and smile, we are on the way back to the very top

Manchester United Inter Milan you can do all you can but you won’t beat the Villa anymore 

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Martial is more of a Firminho type striker.

Linking up the play, holding up the ball and creating space for others. He is exceptionally talented at what he does.

Martial is not a Firmino type player at all.  We can debate his ability but there is no way he’s a Firmino type player.

For his ability he’s been a highly disappointing player during his time at Man U.  He’s had one really good spell which was the second half of last season and he scored some real goals but he’s gone back to being the old Martial this season.  

He could deliver so much more but I’m not sure he has that consistent desire that matches his ability like, say, Rashford does.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Posts like this make me puff my chest out and smile, we are on the way back to the very top

Manchester United Inter Milan you can do all you can but you won’t beat the Villa anymore 

Excluding Man Utd of course, as we should always fear them! 😤  Joke apart, remembering back to the Big Ron days and O’Neill times to some extent, if we went a goal down in a game I always felt we’d equalise and go on and win.  That’s feeling has returned for me.  Score first and win or concede but still outscore you.

Imagine going into January around the top six again, wow.  

I'm guessing you meant the Everton fixture and not Liverpool in the FA cup's 3rd round.

In any case. I'm going to say 15 points. Why? Because there's actually a decent chance in each of those five fixtures, that we compete, and to a level and standard to take 3 points.

So, f*** it! You heard it here, 15 points.

We took 7 points from those same fixtures last season so I'd think 6-8 is a reasonable return considering we were pants last year.

Most likely wins would be Palace and Everton, but we're well overdue a result against at least one of the others. Chelsea will probably have too much quality for us, Man U I'm not sure as their home form (bar the Leeds game) has been iffy but they are capable of blitzing opponents even with Ole in charge. Spurs will sit in and play on the break against us, which won't really suit us, unless we play the same tactic on them. I'd worry about Son and Kane on the break but if we can keep them quiet (big IF) then we could get at least a point. 

I'd take 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. That would put us on 29 points from 17 games which is still very good. Any more than that and we've done really well. It's also possible we could only take 4-5 but any less than that would be disappointing. Hopefully we can start well by beating Palace which would give us confidence going into the tougher run of games. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

I actually don’t care for the upcoming hard games because we are the underdogs.

I love watching Villa at the moment and I just want us to keep playing like that, that’s mainly what I’m looking for.  

As a side benefit from playing like that we’ll be ok points wise.

I hate thinking of points because I always get it wrong.

I enjoy watching Villa at the moment, we are a fairly good team who play lovely football.  

What will be, will be points wise, just keep playing as we are and I’ll be happy...

You're right, we're playing great football at the min and long may it continue.

Keep dominating teams the way we are and we'll get lots of points anyway. Though we would be wise to be more cautious against Man U, Chelsea and Spurs (especially with the high line).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

I actually don’t care for the upcoming hard games because we are the underdogs.

I love watching Villa at the moment and I just want us to keep playing like that, that’s mainly what I’m looking for.  

As a side benefit from playing like that we’ll be ok points wise.

I hate thinking of points because I always get it wrong.

I enjoy watching Villa at the moment, we are a fairly good team who play lovely football.  

What will be, will be points wise, just keep playing as we are and I’ll be happy...

I get that Nick and I agree...but remember, points pay the bills.

sometimes, we have to win ugly, because opposition teams don't always let us have our own way, all the time.......7 clean sheets to date has proved we have shaken off the soft underbelly tag and are showing signs of resillience and durability, when its needed...which delights me, because the kind of football you talk about, becomes more sustainable.

The hardest job of all is to create a team that has both.....I hope I am not speaking too soon, but Dean is doing just that.

Edited by TRO

Â