How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points will we get from our next 5 games  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Palace(H) Chelsea(A) Man Utd(A )Spurs (H) Everton(H)

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 08:52

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I get that Nick and I agree...but remember, points pay the bills.

sometimes, we have to win ugly, because opposition teams don't always let us have our own way, all the time.......7 clean sheets to date has proved we have shaken off the soft underbelly tag and are showing signs of resillience and durability, when its needed...which delights me, because the kind of football you talk about, becomes more sustainable.

The hardest job of all is to create a team that has both.....I hope I am not speaking too soon, but Dean is doing just that.

I agree and I get it and winning ugly sometimes I’m all good with as long as generally we play as we are.  

Aside from watching the Villa obviously I’ve been watching almost every other teams games while they are showing them and there are so many games that are boring because the football is not good.  We’ve been there in the past and I’m loving the way we are playing now.

I get points pay the bills, I’m hoping this way of playing will compliment that rather than having to move away to get more points.  So far it has done us well, that may change but I hope not the majority of the time.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree and I get it and winning ugly sometimes I’m all good with as long as generally we play as we are.  

Aside from watching the Villa obviously I’ve been watching almost every other teams games while they are showing them and there are so many games that are boring because the football is not good.  We’ve been there in the past and I’m loving the way we are playing now.

I get points pay the bills, I’m hoping this way of playing will compliment that rather than having to move away to get more points.  So far it has done us well, that may change but I hope not the majority of the time.

I couldn't agree with you more, if I tried.

There is a long way to go....but for me this is miles better than Martin O'Neills offering, when we was winning so many away from home.

I mention him due to the away day successes and 6-6-6

We do have to up our game at home, we all know that......but the mix of the 2 disciplines is just Bliss, right now.

you know I harp on about the defence, but no one enjoys the kind of football we are producing and you are mentioning , more than me.

• Like 2

Spread the games out a bit and able to feel our strongest team and I’d fancy us to win all 4. But with 3 of the games in 6 days and 2 of the games against the most expensively assembled squads in the league I’d very happy to take 4 points. Beating Palace and Everton are our best bets.  

On 22/12/2020 at 08:30, KenjiOgiwara said:

The fact that we are a team that goes on long winning runs and losing runs alike, makes it difficult for me. I can see us lose them all and win them all. No idea.

I think that’s what makes it exciting. Being a Bayern fan and expecting to win 10 games on the trot is just as boring as being a SHA fan and expecting to lose 10 on the trot.

Being able to beat Liverpool 7-2 and still not knowing what happens next... well that’s what makes it fun.

Plus when you win its all the more sweet. UTV.

If we can beat Palace it will set us up very nicely. Then the next 4 will all be against teams above us. Perfect time to strike for this title charge. Momentum is with us, we have the balance between defence and attack just right I feel. 

This is what being a football fan is all about. For the first time in years we can go into these games without trepidation, knowing we have a good chance rather than just hoping we don’t embarrass ourselves and can keep the scoreline respectable. We have a great side who all know what they’re doing, highlighted in those last few games where players have slotted in seamlessly and not looked out of place. Cant remember the last time we could say that.

My predictions:

Palace (W)

Chelsea (D)

United (W)

Spurs (L)

Everton (D)

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on me have to do United now. We owe them a big beating. Nothing would make me happier than a thumping win in a packed villa park when fans are allowed back

Exactly what im thinking. This is the year. Should have won there last year, just think we’re putting a lot of records to bed this season. They will be a due a drop off in league form around then too. 1-2 Villa. Grealish double to keep them begging for another 4 years.

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Exactly what im thinking. This is the year. Should have won there last year, just think we’re putting a lot of records to bed this season. They will be a due a drop off in league form around then too. 1-2 Villa. Grealish double to keep them begging for another 4 years.

Id love it if we thumped them 4-0 at villa park with a packed house. Fans would go crazy like against blose

Out of everyone id love to beat spurs. Ive been insanely jealous of them over the last 10 years because our respective trajectory's have been so different since the days when we were very similarly matched clubs. 

Plus lately we always seem on the verge of beating them til they pull something out of the bag late on to beat us.

And if we can do it by Jack scoring the winner and then revealing a Josh onamah shirt under his own that would be great

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/12/2020 at 00:02, kidlewis said:

Anything >6 points and it’s a really good return for a tough set of fixtures.

Palace is the easiest on paper. We must do them to get a good start on this run. 

My bet with my friend that we will be above United after the game in Jan could be very close. 

So 4 points from the first two. Looks like my bet comes down to the United game itself as I’ve agreed a point for the Newcastle game in hand. 

I think we should be looking at 7 points, we should win one of the last three games in this list 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

So 4 points from the first two. Looks like my bet comes down to the United game itself as I’ve agreed a point for the Newcastle game in hand. 

I think we should be looking at 7 points, we should win one of the last three games in this list 

Talking of bets I decided to bet Villa for the league at 100/1 ew before the Palace game. The way results were going seemed like a little bit of value. 80/1 now. 

On 24/12/2020 at 21:26, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If we can beat Palace it will set us up very nicely. Then the next 4 will all be against teams above us. Perfect time to strike for this title charge. Momentum is with us, we have the balance between defence and attack just right I feel. 

This is what being a football fan is all about. For the first time in years we can go into these games without trepidation, knowing we have a good chance rather than just hoping we don’t embarrass ourselves and can keep the scoreline respectable. We have a great side who all know what they’re doing, highlighted in those last few games where players have slotted in seamlessly and not looked out of place. Cant remember the last time we could say that.

My predictions:

Palace (W)

Chelsea (D)

United (W)

Spurs (L)

Everton (D)

hey good looking GIF by Super Simple

7 hours ago, birdman said:

Talking of bets I decided to bet Villa for the league at 100/1 ew before the Palace game. The way results were going seemed like a little bit of value. 80/1 now. 

I put a cheeky £10 for us to win the league at 100/1 too. Haven't been able to cash out all season until after the CP game. They offered £1.20, after the Chelsea result they're now offering me £1.35 to cash out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Think our next 5 (league) are comfortably the hardest batch of the season.

Spurs home- A game we can comfortably get a draw in if we play to 100% and have our full team out but we seem to have a mental issue v Spurs in last decade. I know they've been pretty good for most of the decade but we've just had the odd win and draw v them compared to plenty v say Chelsea. Add in the late goals we conceded to them last season when we should've got two draws and that could be a problem.

Probably like all the fixtures we have got in this month. Once we could draw but also could easily lose. Will go for a draw.

Everton home- One of our best wins last season but Everton improved plenty this season. Even then their form has been near identical to us pretty much all through the season if you look at their results so can see it being another draw.

Man. city away- Can't see anything here. We're never get much in Manchester away games as happened again last week and as I suspected they're hitting form just as we play them. 3-0 defeat or something.

Burnley away- Our most winnable game and one people would expect us to given our dominance in the home game. However Burnley have massively improved from early part of the season. Can see it being 1-1.

Southampton- Litmus test this one. Their style gives us so many issues so I want to see us go out and impose ourselves more on them for once. Oh and not give Ward Prowse free kicks on edge of the box! I will go for us turning up big time for this and winning 1-2.

I give us 6 points which is more than I thought I would and actually think is a bit optimistic when you factor in we'll probably be without Jack, SJM and Targett for some of those games so won't be at full strength.

Think as long as we pick up 4 points and get to 30 by end of Jan that's been a fantastic first half of the season and we'll be well set for more winnable fixtures in Feb and March where we can put a winning run together again, I assume the Newcastle home game will be played in February so that's another one to add.

Interesting period ahead.

Edited by VillaChris

On 29/12/2020 at 00:24, kidlewis said:

Need to win one of the next two to hit the 7 points. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Â