How many points will we get from our next 5 games?

villalad21

How many points will we get from our next 5 games  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Palace(H) Chelsea(A) Man Utd(A )Spurs (H) Everton(H)

• 15 points
    • 12-13 points
    • 9-11 points
    • 6-8 points
    • 3-5 points
    • 0-2 points

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 08:52

A lot will depend on whether we can keep energy levels up as we could lose any of the next 5 if it drops. Those potential bans to players on yellows could also have an impact of course. A tough period though i was hoping for between 4 & 7 points from Chelsea (a) Man U (a) Spurs (H) & Everton (h) so we need at least 1 win now from the next 2 to hit the low end of that. Not really bothered what happens on Friday against the plop although it would be great if we could rest a few & somehow progress to keep confidence levels high.. Can't see it though if i'm honest as they will surely be out for revenge and may go stronger than we think.

• Like 1

Really want to beat Spurs. How they won the game at VP still really strings from last year (I thought at that point that goal had relegated us) and we somehow haven't won at home against them since NYD 2008.

Last 6 months has been all about ending the home jinxs v Arsenal and Liverpool so time to put that one right especially as a team that hasn't won last 4 away games, 3 of them to teams below us in the league.

0% chance of doing that though if Jack and McGinn are suspended. They have to out there for that.

If we manage to get one more win out of the remaining 2 games I will be ecstatic. I would take 2 draws right now though. That would mean 6 points from 5 games which isn't great but not terrible. 7 points given the opposition would be very good.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really want to beat Spurs. How they won the game at VP still really strings from last year (I thought at that point that goal had relegated us) and we somehow haven't won at home against them since NYD 2008.

Last 6 months has been all about ending the home jinxs v Arsenal and Liverpool so time to put that one right especially as a team that hasn't won last 4 away games, 3 of them to teams below us in the league.

0% chance of doing that though if Jack and McGinn are suspended. They have to out there for that.

Someone mentioned the other day that another yellow card wouldn’t be suspension for the FA cup game. So surely a yellow card in the FA cup wouldnt meant a suspension for the Spurs game.

I don’t get the rules. 

• Like 1

How's this for a twist?

Next 5 league games:

Man. City (a)

Newcastle (h)

Burnley (a)

Southampton (a)

West Ham (h)

Our nightmare run suddenly has loads of winnable games in it.

Man. City game is 12 days away so that shouldn't be in doubt given we apparently had the postive tests on the Monday of this week.

I'd fancy us to get a few wins from that if we're off for two weeks and none of our players have had a bad dose of covid. Should also mean Trez and Barkley finally fully fit.

Needs Newcastle to lose away to Arsenal so hopefully Arsenal don't f*** that up given they love the cup and have won their last three.

Probably take the hit in the FA cup for this scenario tbh.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How's this for a twist?

Next 5 league games:

Man. City (a)

Newcastle (h)

Burnley (a)

Southampton (a)

West Ham (h)

Man. City game is 12 days away so that shouldn't be in doubt given we apparently had the postive tests on the Monday of this week.

I'd fancy us to get a few wins from that if we're off for two weeks and none of our players have had a bad dose of covid. Should also mean Trez and Barkley finally fully fit.

Needs Newcastle to lose away to Arsenal so hopefully Arsenal don't f*** that up given they love the cup and have won their last three.

Probably take the hit in the FA cup for this scenario tbh.

9 points would be a good result from that lot, 5 at least.

We still haven't played all the five games that were due to be played from the moment this thread was started; we were due to play Palace, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, and Everton, we've only played three of those.

6 hours ago, useless said:

We still haven't played all the five games that were due to be played from the moment this thread was started; we were due to play Palace, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, and Everton, we've only played three of those.

Might not play those two for the time being.

We're going to end up with three or four games in hand. I wouldn't be surprised if the premier league try and make us play against Tottenham with the argument being that we put out a side today that competed against Liverpool. But not really sure how they can justify that after we weren't allowed to play a Newcastle side that weren't anywhere near as badly hit by the virus as we currently are, we don't even have half of our U23 players available.

If Tottenham refuse to move the fixture then they should be the ones that forfeti the game.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

We're going to end up with three or four games in hand. I wouldn't be surprised if the premier league try and make us play against Tottenham with the argument being that we put out a side today that competed against Liverpool. But not really sure how they can justify that after we weren't allowed to play a Newcastle side that weren't anywhere near as badly hit by the virus as we currently are, we don't even have half of our U23 players available.

If Tottenham refuse to move the fixture then they should be the ones that forfeti the game.

I agree on that. 
Won’t mind to have games in hand, we’re likely losing to Spurs anyway. Our team will benefit from not playing these hard games after each other. They would have a bit of a rest. We’ll just hope other games goes our way. Playing against Spurs, Everton and City in a matter of a week would be really hard. Add to that the fact that we might had players playing against Liverpool. If we begin with the City game, they’d be the ones who are having fatigue and we might do something (the hardest game of the season). After that we’ll complete by having 3 games in hand while the league will start returning to game a week with other teams being in FA cup or Europe.

Liverpool might be the same points as they’re now (preferably two draws). If they’re still top with that and we somehow do an upset on City, we’d give ourselves a good chance and boost before going to the next run of games.

To be around top teams while having games in hand could give us an added courage. I’d rather that than going in a run of losses and lose confidence.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2021 at 00:57, VillaChris said:

How's this for a twist?

Next 5 league games:

Man. City (a)

Newcastle (h)

Burnley (a)

Southampton (a)

West Ham (h)

I'd fancy us to get a few wins from that if we're off for two weeks and none of our players have had a bad dose of covid.

On 08/01/2021 at 15:03, John said:

9 points from the those five would do nicely. Anything more would be a very big bonus.

We are still on for 9 points.

We were unlucky not to have come away with a point against City although decent result against Newcastle followed.

We didn't see Burnley off and they made us pay for it and rightly so.

We need to ensure we collect all 3pts from Southampton because the West Ham game will not be easy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are still on for 9 points.

We were unlucky not to have come away with a point against City although decent result against Newcastle followed.

We didn't see Burnley off and they made us pay for it and rightly so.

We need to ensure we collect all 3pts from Southampton because the West Ham game will not be easy.

Either willl the saints game. Smith has a miserable record against them.

I think we have more of a chance against west ham than saints

Â