Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Burnley treated us with respect and came away with a point. Fair play we didnt break them down.

I would like to see more from Watkins if I am honest.

Its a two way street.....the service for him does need to be better, but he needs to show out and find  space better, on several occasions, he was tucked in behind 3 Burnley defenders, he needs to move more, not wait for a richochet.....someone has to have a target to find.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not a clue how we didn't win that, by far the better team, actually one of our best performances in a while... Right up until we took the shot, should have scored a bucket load

Smiths tactics were fine

We weren't poor

Fullty expecting a meltdown but it doesn't deserve one, that game was more proof of progress believe it not, Burnley are in our position last year and we played them off the park

MOTM Nakamba for me, did very little wrong, not the unconfident jittery mess he was last year, well done hause too, too many convinced he'd fail, saved us a goal from the rare emu mistake 

Agree totally. Finished that game sad to have dropped two points but delighted that once again we have a team that can play another PL side off the park completely. I don’t remember when we last had that.

Everyone drops points they shouldn’t. Even City. Even Liverpool. But dominate games to that extent and we will do fine. People need to get some perspective. Whining like babies at 19 points from 11.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Jesus. We spent £50m on Watkins and Traore and haven’t improved at all up from. Might have actually gone backwards.

To think our only other option is Wesley. I thought I’d eaten humble pie with Watkins but I’m now backtracking on that. 

Watkins barely had any service. If those chances fall to him we would have beaten Burnley 20-0!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Watkins barely had any service. If those chances fall to him we would have beaten Burnley 20-0!

Yes I agree you expect your wide-men to offer some service but particularly El Ghazi was so selfish. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not a clue how we didn't win that, by far the better team, actually one of our best performances in a while... Right up until we took the shot, should have scored a bucket load

Smiths tactics were fine

We weren't poor

Fullty expecting a meltdown but it doesn't deserve one, that game was more proof of progress believe it not, Burnley are in our position last year and we played them off the park

MOTM Nakamba for me, did very little wrong, not the unconfident jittery mess he was last year, well done hause too, too many convinced he'd fail, saved us a goal from the rare emu mistake 

Excellent post, agree with every word, including that Nakamba was the unsung hero of the evening.

3 hours ago, smg said:

Not Jack bashing, as he was clearly pissed off at the end, but he should of saved his frustrations for the dressing room not the camera that he could clearly see in front of him, wrong time and place.

Why?

I don't get the criticism of Ollie, really. Watching it back, the chance where Jack went for the near post and hit the side netting, Ollie has made the perfect run to tap in a ball played between the defenders and the keeper, similar to one Targett played for the OG vs Arsenal. Another break, he made a great run that needed an easy reverse ball to be clean through but it went out to Traore on the right who had a tougher angle. He isn't just working hard every match, he's making smart runs, his teammates just have to start looking for them more.

• Like 2

Need Barkley back so Grealish can go out wide and link up.

Hause played really well considering hadn't played for ages. Both our CBs bullied their forwards which is impressive to say against Burnley.

We really need el ghazi, trez, Traore to be proper goal threats.Should have easily won but that looked like a game we would end up losing right at the end to some freekick last season..

7 hours ago, darrenm said:

We were immense. Absolutely steamrollered them to the point of it being an attack v defence match. You'd struggle to find a more one sided match.

But every time we had a chance we chose the wrong option. A squared pass when a shot would have been better, a shot when someone was open. Over and over again.

Damn, cheers man. I just presumed we were awful. Good signs considering we had so many missing.

7 hours ago, regular_john said:

We weren't bad at all. We dominated the game and created something like 27 chances, just a combination of poor finishing and being thwarted by the woodwork. 99 times out of 100, we win that game at least 3-0.

Brilliant to hear. Let’s stay positive ❤️
UTV

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

How much of a shit is Ashley Barnes. His role seemed to be:

1. Make contact with Mings

2. Fall down

3. Appeal to the referee

Well he’s not as big of a 5hit as Ben Mee. It beggars belief that Mee finished that game without at least a yellow card, the referee must have been his brother. It grates on me that pundits etc talk about Burnley being a decent, honest set of players. They’re not. And Mee in particular is a danger to other players. Purposely took Grealish out in the 1st half around 30yds out, then puts a foot up at face level in the same sort of area, resulting in a facial injury to Watkins.......who ironically gets a yellow card for returning to the field of play without the officials permission! You couldn’t make this 5hit up.

• Like 2

Â