Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Just now, sne said:

I maintain that one or more people and refs around VAR in the PL has been bought by some betting syndicate. It's the only way to explain how VAR and the refs can be this inconsistent

They've been bent for years. Too much money in the game and refs are paid peanuts comparatively. It's inevitable. 

Red zone, green zone, it is in the red zone but it still isn't a penalty, but it might have been earlier in the season, and even though it was against the rules it shouldn't count because it wouldn't be fair because the player is trying to get his head to it, and blah blah blah...

• Like 1

Surely they can't just change the rules mid-season? What about all the teams that have lost points due to the shit interpretations before these games? The officials of English football are just incredibly incompetent.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Trez isn't on the bench unfortunately. 

Oopps.  Haven't seen the team sheet, just assumed. 

Explains why someone wanted ElGhazi on then (which mystified me) 

What's up with Trez then? 

In that case Traore has to stay on but Robinson needs replacing. 

Just now, magnkarl said:

Surely they can't just change the rules mid-season? What about all the teams that have lost points due to the shit interpretations before these games? The officials of English football are just incredibly incompetent.

Spot on. My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I maintain that one or more people and refs around VAR in the PL has been bought by some betting syndicate. It's the only way to explain how VAR and the refs can be this inconsistent

honestly been thinking the same. no proofs or anything, but the whole point of VAR should surely be consistency and it swings every game. there's so much money in betting too that it's hardly that farfetched especially with historical corruption within football.

• Like 2

Bit dreary so far, dont like lunch time kick offs, even when we were allowed to go.

Didn't know they'd had changed the handball rule but prob for the best... we'll be lucky to finish game with 11 men with all these stupid yellow cards. Still don't like Mike Dean, never have and hopefully never will.  Missing Barkley and Trez

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah Traore has been average, but he's a god damn superstar compared to the level of football and work rate AEG brings. 
Elmo on the bench?

• Like 1

If this game carries it on as it has we'll have actually conceded far more chances than we did against Brighton or West Ham, but if Emi keeps making saves, Mings keeps making blocks and we keep a clean sheet I wonder if that'll be interpreted as us turning a corner defensively 👀

Strange half, had good periods of possession and pressure but haven't come too close to scoring before finding ourselves under the cosh and living dangerously. Traore has ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous in almost equal measure but at least he's showing that the quality is there. 

• Like 1

Wolves playing a very Wolvesey gameplan, let's hope we can upset them in the second half.  Technically I can kind of see why the yellows were given but the handball rule I just haven't got a clue about any more.  All I know is that it's 90% likely to go against us.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Head injury is the official line... it could be from the kick he took in the West Ham game, or maybe smith has given him a rest as he was missing too many sitters.