Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Not a bad half, made a few chances. The yellows are a concern. I'd be keeping a close eye on Traore for the first 15 and think about getting AEG on.

Maybe Hourihane on for Ramsey at some point, he's not really got into the game.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I am really fed up of watching Grealish try to cheat.

I love the guy, and I defend him when he goes down easy but it was a foul, but that was just cheating, and it's sad to see.

I don’t understand this. As long as they play for Aston Villa then cheat as much as possible for all I care 

1 minute ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Well that was a contrasting half for our Traore - one minute he looks like he’s got two left feet, the next an absolute magician!?!?

One decent touch entire first half. Get rid asap. 

I love the people silently reacting to my post about Grealish being a cheat, but not actually arguing the point. He gets fouled a lot, but he also cheats a lot, and that attempt to fall over in the box with nobody touching him was a **** embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

I thought their front players went down as easily as Grealish is accused of, and we're only going to see more of it in the second half. Mike Dean's performance is only going to encourage it. Our defensive players need to be careful with how tight they get.

Definitely need to replace Traore with Trez and Hourihane for Ramsay. 

Or replace Ramsay with Trezeguet and bring Jack into the middle.  Always have the option then to remove Traore for Hourihane and bring Jack back out if things don't improve. 

We need to sharpen up in the second half. We’re too late to the second ball too often. We’ve managed to deal with everything Wolves have shown so far though and we are a threat going forwards, if we can just find that final bit of quality. 

I really want to like Traore, but his touch today has been shocking as the half has gone on. The handball for the penalty claim would have been harsh on Wolves, and Grealish’s fall/dive on 45 was not a pen either.

Oh and Mike Dean is a word removed. Blowing and booking like his life/fame depends on it. 

Edited by It's Your Round

The referee is ruining the game.

I think Ramsey needs to come off, not the game for him today.

McGinn is hit and miss but we'd be worse off without him today.

Traore doesn't look good at all but he needs to settle like Trez.

I think our best hope here is some Grealish magic or a set piece.

2 clear handballs, foul on Luiz. 3 penalties. Then they can do whatever they want and nothing we've got 3 yellows . On top of that we have played poorly in the final 3rd. We are giving it away too much. Poor ball control in key areas. FFS someone give Mike I'm the effing centre of attention Dean a kick in the nick name. 

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Stockley Park said the handball hit him on the shoulder...

Suddenly I see why they need to get the geometry set out every week. Useless Representatives for Wellingborough.

1 minute ago, JB said:

I think he’s looked alright at times in other games to be honest. A bit off the pace but he’s never been this bad when I’ve seen him. 

All I see is a casual, wannabe luxury player, with a poor touch.

Just now, sidcow said:

Definitely need to replace Traore with Trez and Hourihane for Ramsay. 

Or replace Ramsay with Trezeguet and bring Jack into the middle.  Always have the option then to remove Traore for Hourihane and bring Jack back out if things don't improve. 

Trez isn't on the bench unfortunately.