Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

Just now, villalad21 said:

Unlike WBA, SU ain't getting battered, in any games.

I don't feel they are far away from getting results.

They need to win 10 games to have any chance of staying up, even then would only get them to 31 points. Only got 27 left now so before too long they'll need 50% winning ratio from games left and that simply won't happen.

Just now, VillaChris said:

They need to win 10 games to have any chance of staying up, even then would only get them to 31 points. Only got 27 left now so before too long they'll need 50% winning ratio from games left and that simply won't happen.

I agree it's not looking good.

Their hidious attack will be their downfall. But i still feel they have a much greater chance than WBA

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

FFS Leicester moving away from us now.

Sheffield all but relegated now, simply had to hang onto the point to get some confidence back.

Remember when people wanted Dean Smith sacked and used Wilder as an example as to why. 

Good times

• Haha 1

Sheffield United have looked better at times than their current position suggests, but you can't blame one point from eleven games entirely on luck. Their next two games are Southampton and Man Utd, so could easily come out of those two fixtures with two defeats.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Remember when people wanted Dean Smith sacked and used Wilder as an example as to why. 

Good times

I still think Wilder is good manager, just hit the wall there for first time in 4 years. Interesting to see what they do as losing every week can take a year or two to recover from in championship as we saw happening in 15/16. Norwich did keep faith with Farke and they're now top of championship again so that's perhaps a better guide.

Reminds me of when Steve Coppell was being talked about as potential England manager at Reading then they went down the next season and you never heard much about him again, think he was managing in India a year or two ago.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I still think Wilder is good manager, just hit the wall there for first time in 4 years. Interesting to see what they do as losing every week can take a year or two to recover from in championship as we saw happening in 15/16. Norwich did keep faith with Farke and they're now top of championship again so that's perhaps a better guide.

Reminds me of when Steve Coppell was being talked about as potential England manager at Reading then they went down the next season and you never heard much about him again, think he was managing in India a year or two ago.

I think he did a tremendous job over the last few years. They'd be foolish to get rid even if they go down. 

But it does show some of the short term thinking, when we had fans using him as the reason why Smith should have been sacked. 

• Like 2

I said this on May 23, Sheffield United were seventh at the time, just five points from top four...

'I wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield United were relegated next season, they wouldn't be the first club to come up surpise a few people by doing well, but then struggling in the second season.'

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Will be interesting to see what SU will do in the January window.

Will they do a Norwich and just accept relegation or will they go for it and take a risk?

They’re going to be a long way off safety. It’d be a hell of a risk to try and spend big if they need to win half of their remaining games.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

But the reward is huge if succeeding. 

I’m not sure who they’d be able to attract and how many players they would need to pick up the wins that they need. At some point the chances of it paying off are so slim that it’s not worth spending yourselves into real trouble.

They’ve spent decent amounts of money on Ramsdale and Brewster alone with no real results. It’d be some risk to Chuck another load of money at what already looks like a bit of a lost cause.

• Like 1