PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

On 25/10/2020 at 14:54, tinker said:

Donate to charity and get a VPN, a paid one , you can then watch all the games using the normal sites and Sky and the rest of the blockers will not be able to stop you or even know what your up to.

This seems an acceptable solution to everyone who matters IMO.

Well I’ve paid for the last two but won’t be doing so again, I’ll just chance it with finding an alternative or watching the highlights.

Thought it was a bit of a novelty thing initially but I’m not paying for every game which it seems is the case for us with minimal games selected for main broadcast.

I think they'll drop it to a tenner but I don't think they'll see much of an increase.

£5 and I'd be buying all the villa ones. 

I'm not buying them out of principle now. I'd encourage everyone to take up the trend of donating the £15 to charity instead

• Like 1

I think a tenner is where it'll end up. The problem is that for a tenner, if you don't have Sky and wanted to watch a non-PPV game, you can get a full Sky Sports day pass and watch all of their channels, so £10 for a single game still looks very poor value.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think a tenner is where it'll end up. The problem is that for a tenner, if you don't have Sky and wanted to watch a non-PPV game, you can get a full Sky Sports day pass and watch all of their channels, so £10 for a single game still looks very poor value.

It's still awful value. Our last two games and our next two are all PPV. So even at £10 you're having to pay £40 to watch a month's worth (4 games) of Villa games on TV.

£40 gets you an entire Sky Sports package for two months. 

Edited by Stevo985

I will not be paying for any games. I’ll be donating £15 each time Villa are on PPV and watching it through other means.

Just to add another option, if people are unable donate, this is a good option that helps people but you get the money back. Lend with care gives loans to people in the developing world with a clear plan. They then pay you back over several months:

Lend With Care

I put £500 in there two years ago and I’ve lent it out and got it back a loads of times now, once it trickles back in I loan it out again. But you can just take it out if you like.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just to add another option, if people are unable donate, this is a good option that helps people but you get the money back. Lend with care gives loans to people in the developing world with a clear plan. They then pay you back over several months:

Lend With Care

I put £500 in there two years ago and I’ve lent it out and got it back a loads of times now, once it trickles back in I loan it out again. But you can just take it out if you like.

I think it's necessary to point out that this comes with a whole lot of risk. Getting the money back is not guaranteed, this is an unsecured loan, given to people that can not get credit via more conventional means. It sounds like you've had good luck with it, but you could easily lose money like this, your funds are not protected or guaranteed in any way. 

If you think the risk is worth it because it's a nice thing to do, cool, I just want to make sure anyone reading this goes in to it with their eyes open. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's necessary to point out that this comes with a whole lot of risk. Getting the money back is not guaranteed, this is an unsecured loan, given to people that can not get credit via more conventional means. It sounds like you've had good luck with it, but you could easy lose money like this, your funds are not protected or guaranteed in any way. 

If you think the risk is worth it because it's a nice thing to do, cool, I just want to make sure anyone reading this goes in to it with their eyes open. 

going off topic but never seen this before. really nice idea. personally i'd think of it as a charity donation, not expecting to get it back. definitely will look into it

• Like 2

Price is a red herring here - designed to distract from what PPV is, a move to change the spread of TV income to the benefit of the larger clubs. It's a move away from collectivism that goes against the principles of a league.

Unless the income from PPV is spread between all clubs (and down the pyramid) via the merit payment system, it shouldn't go ahead.

• Like 1

Whatever the price is it still won't be "fair" to every PL club's fans. The likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, never seem to be off either Sky or BT, so their fans won't need to pay for many PPV games. The rest and particularly clubs like WBA and Burnley, will seldom have their games shown, so they would be expected to pay through the nose to see their games on PPV. Fair doesn't really matter too much to the people who run the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United though.  

Edited by John
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, John said:

Whatever the price is it still won't be "fair" to every PL club's fans. The likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, never seem to be off either Sky or BT, so their fans won't need to pay for many PPV games. The rest and particularly clubs like WBA and Burnley, will seldom have their games shown, so they would be expected to pay through the nose to see their games on PPV. Fair doesn't really matter too much to the people who run the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United though.  

Nail on the head

There's a minimum number of times that teams have to be on but it's only 8-10 times, in comparison Liverpool and utd are on 25+ times, how's that fair? 

Are they going to look at balancing in out over the season, or even over the month? Not a chance 

Will they change the kick off times to something more sensible? Also not a chance 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's necessary to point out that this comes with a whole lot of risk. Getting the money back is not guaranteed, this is an unsecured loan, given to people that can not get credit via more conventional means. It sounds like you've had good luck with it, but you could easily lose money like this, your funds are not protected or guaranteed in any way. 

I didn’t do a terms and conditions, I just put a link to their website :) 

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

going off topic but never seen this before. really nice idea. personally i'd think of it as a charity donation, not expecting to get it back. definitely will look into it

That’s exactly how I consider it. 

Â