PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I agree the price is a piss take these are games that would never normally be aired on tv. So whilst 35k fans would get to watch the game there would still be a lot of fans that would have to watch it on dodgy streams. I guess my point is would the ppv seem as bad if crowds were allowed?

I personally think if they had gone for £9.50 a game there wouldn’t be such an uproar. Over £10 tipped people over the edge. 

I agree, I think people wouldn't have been happy with paying £10, but a lot of people would have done it, I mean I paid £7 or whatever it was a game in the Championship through the website, I'd probably pay £10 in the PL, especially when you're getting full HD etc with that, but £15 is a piss take and I'd imagine there's a lot of people that could afford it but won't pay it out of principle - I'd also guess that most of those would end up paying the tenner if that was the price 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, weedman said:

I agree, I think people wouldn't have been happy with paying £10, but a lot of people would have done it, I mean I paid £7 or whatever it was a game in the Championship through the website, I'd probably pay £10 in the PL, especially when you're getting full HD etc with that, but £15 is a piss take and I'd imagine there's a lot of people that could afford it but won't pay it out of principle - I'd also guess that most of those would end up paying the tenner if that was the price 

I paid £20 in total for 2 carabao cup games!  The team of people that worked out the pricing are in the wrong job.   They probably got paid a shed load to work out that £15 was the right price.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

On 22/10/2020 at 16:30, est1874 said:

Has any Villa fan set up a pool donation so those of us who have zero **** intention of lining the moneybags of the already mega-rich can donate money to charities instead? Then tweet the total amount @ Sky and BT and the PL to rub their scummy little noses in it and show them what a shambles their recent initiatives have been.

Yes, the supporters trust has set something up with the Aston and nechells food bank, its on their social media 

Looks like we’ll have two more on PPV in November. Arsenal and Brighton not selected for live coverage. West Ham will be on Monday 30th November 8pm on ‘normal’ Sky. 5/6 games not picked when 5/6 Everton games have been!!

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yes, the supporters trust has set something up with the Aston and nechells food bank, its on their social media 

Leeds fans have raised 76k,,,,Villa fans Just 390quid...Here is the link below but does anyone know of any other fund raising that’s happening? Joined Twitter and can see it on there but I not much traction.. Maybe there is something else happening out there but if not then this is very disappointing compared to how well the Leeds fans have done.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/villafoodbank?utm_source=Sharethis&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=villafoodbank&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=b6127c481b794522836921766591f84c.

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2020 at 19:16, chappy said:

Looks like we’ll have two more on PPV in November. Arsenal and Brighton not selected for live coverage. West Ham will be on Monday 30th November 8pm on ‘normal’ Sky. 5/6 games not picked when 5/6 Everton games have been!!

Where have you seen this?

I would have thought the Arsenal game would have been on, if only to show Arsenal again (as showing us with West Ham also gives them West Ham, who we just happen to be playing).

Perhaps BT have some of our games? I would have thought that the Wolves game must be shown. Given our start and position in the table, I really had expected more of our games would be chosen, than not. It must be difficult to fit in clubs like us who happen to be in the top four, when bottom half clubs like both Manchester teams and the other usual suspects rely on their television income for their survival! Perhaps, I'm missing the "big picture" here?  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Every game in November is PPV bar West Ham away that's live on Sky Sports MNF.

Add to that Amazon have the exclusive rights to December games so half of the games will be on that as well

Edited by Kingman

5 hours ago, John said:

I would have thought the Arsenal game would have been on, if only to show Arsenal again (as showing us with West Ham also gives them West Ham, who we just happen to be playing).

Perhaps BT have some of our games? I would have thought that the Wolves game must be shown. Given our start and position in the table, I really had expected more of our games would be chosen, than not. It must be difficult to fit in clubs like us who happen to be in the top four, when bottom half clubs like both Manchester teams and the other usual suspects rely on their television income for their survival! Perhaps, I'm missing the "big picture" here?  :rolleyes:

Sorry should have posted a link! No BT selection in November.

The revised schedule for all matches that have been selected for live broadcast in the United Kingdom from Matchweeks 8 to 10 has been released.

Additional broadcast selections will be announced in due course.

Friday 6 November

20:00 Southampton v Newcastle Utd (Sky Sports)

Saturday 7 November

12:30 Everton v Man Utd (BT Sport)
17:30 Chelsea v Sheffield Utd (Sky Sports)

Sunday 8 November

14:00 Leicester City v Wolves (Sky Sports)
16:30 Man City v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Saturday 21 November

12:30 Newcastle Utd v Chelsea (BT Sport)
17:30 Spurs v Man City (Sky Sports)

Sunday 22 November

14:00 Sheffield Utd v West Ham (Sky Sports)
16:30 Leeds Utd v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Saturday 28 November

12:30 Brighton v Liverpool (BT Sport)
17:30 Everton v Leeds Utd (Sky Sports)

Sunday 29 November

14:00 Southampton v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
16:30 Chelsea v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Monday 30 November

20:00 West Ham v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)

• Thanks 1

On 25/10/2020 at 08:27, Kingman said:

Every game in November is PPV bar West Ham away that's live on Sky Sports MNF.

Add to that Amazon have the exclusive rights to December games so half of the games will be on that as well

That is what they always wanted, Covid just game them the chance. This crisis shows that at least for the Premier League the paying fan at the ground is not important.

On 25/10/2020 at 07:51, John said:

When the ppv scheme was introduced it meant 2 months without Villa on tv, when we were in the championship we were on tv every week!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

When the ppv scheme was introduced it meant 2 months without Villa on tv, when we were in the championship we were on tv every week!

We were the big fish in a small pond then. I still find it astounding that given the start we've had we have been not selected more often by Sky and BT. Perhaps they think that of the clubs outside of those they put on week after week, we are among a handful of other clubs that will attract decent PPV income for them. They would rather fleece us than their precious Liverpool and Manchester United viewers.😡

49 minutes ago, John said:

We were the big fish in a small pond then. I still find it astounding that given the start we've had we have been not selected more often by Sky and BT. Perhaps they think that of the clubs outside of those they put on week after week, we are among a handful of other clubs that will attract decent PPV income for them. They would rather fleece us than their precious Liverpool and Manchester United viewers.😡

And its Liverpool and Man Utd fans that complain to the most, a friend o mine said he was cancelling sky and bt because Liverpool where not televised for Sheffield United match , despite the fact they where on sky on vs Everton previous weekend and BT sports for their champions league match 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chappy said:

Interesting that Sky are showing the full 90 mins of the Brighton WBA PPV game from this evening right now on their standard Premier League channel 

Not sure if 'interesting' is the right word...😉 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Meeting today to discuss this topic.

Mike Ashley calling for a £4.95 price.

There's no way they're going to undercut EFL games (£10), surely?

Edited by Davkaus

Â