Jump to content

PPV for Villa Games


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

The £14.95 fee has now been scraped after this weekend, Will be spread over Sky, BT, Amazon and BBC 

Where is that from? Bbc say no decision made and there will in an announcement soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2020 at 16:39, Kingman said:

The £14.95 fee has now been scraped after this weekend, Will be spread over Sky, BT, Amazon and BBC 

So they are now free if you are subscribed to those three?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, paul514 said:

So they are now free if you are subscribed to those three?

 

Free to air so just need a a compatible device that shows the channels 

Sky are doing the same free to air transmission this week with Scotland and Northern Ireland games so trial it out 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/11/2020 at 19:36, paul514 said:

So they are now free if you are subscribed to those three?

 

£80+ a month and the games are all yours.

Got to be honest, I won't pay anywhere near that. I've paid $10 for two months of PeacockTV and watched all of our PPV games that would have cost £60 on PPV, or £160 to subscribe to all of these services for a couple of months.

I don't want to watch every single game, I just want to watch Villa matches. Offer some kind of digital season ticket at a reasonable price, and I'd go for it, but they can get to **** if they think I'm paying £80+ a month to watch football at home. I'll pay a fair price, but I feel absolutely no guilt for sourcing it more cheaply while they continue to take the piss. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

If there’s one thing that this whole PPV fiasco has taught me, it’s that I can access Google on my big telly and find plenty of live football for free. Sky/BT have lost any hope of recruiting me as a customer again. 

What do you use though. Many free sites have poor quality footage or more adverts than an NFL game popping up. 
 

ive got the full sky package and Amazon prime. BT is the gap currently which is annoying for the weekend 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kidlewis said:

What do you use though. Many free sites have poor quality footage or more adverts than an NFL game popping up. 
 

ive got the full sky package and Amazon prime. BT is the gap currently which is annoying for the weekend 

Same for me. You can probably count on one hand the games we’ve had on BT since being promoted. Typically next weekend is one of them. Can’t bring myself to pay for BT on top, pay enough to Sky already! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

£25 per month to add BT to your Sky package - has a 28 day cancellation notice period too. We had two games on it in June and one in July (the West Ham match was a couple of days into the second month so had to pay for two). Hope they announce December TV fixtures before next Saturday so I can see if we’ll be on BT again before paying it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chappy said:

£25 per month to add BT to your Sky package - has a 28 day cancellation notice period too. We had two games on it in June and one in July (the West Ham match was a couple of days into the second month so had to pay for two). Hope they announce December TV fixtures before next Saturday so I can see if we’ll be on BT again before paying it.

So essentially, BT is costing you more than PPV, and you also need to pay for Sky in order to be able to get it at that price?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chappy said:

£25 per month to add BT to your Sky package - has a 28 day cancellation notice period too. We had two games on it in June and one in July (the West Ham match was a couple of days into the second month so had to pay for two). Hope they announce December TV fixtures before next Saturday so I can see if we’ll be on BT again before paying it.

I fell for this when we played West Ham last game of the season, £25 for 31 day rolling contract via sky box. 

Basically you have to phone them up on the same day to you take out the 31 day contract or you will end up paying 50 quid for 2 months so just make sure the day you activate it online you then have to call them (No online options to cancel) to give your cancellation notice or you end up paying for the pro-rata as its 31 days from the day you cancelled. 

Alternatively if you or a mate are on EE just text SPORT to 150 from EE Device (One trial per device) wait closure to game day to maximise 3 month trial.

3 months free and you can also stream the th BT App to your Smart TV unlike Sky Go App or watch through firestick or TV app on smart TV 

Just remember to cancel after the free 3 months as 15quid pm then onwards

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So essentially, BT is costing you more than PPV, and you also need to pay for Sky in order to be able to get it at that price?

 

Yes if you just want to watch the one Villa game. You obviously get to watch the other BT channels too - probably worth it if you’re bothered about the CL and Europa League (I’m not until we’re in it). 

I don’t mind paying for Sky Sports as I’m ‘only’ paying £16pm for all their channels and I watch a lot of cricket. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â