PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If last nights game is anything to go by its all talk... 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

They aren’t likely to say “Well yes if you take about 5 mins to have a look you’ll be able to watch it for free but we’d rather you give us £15” are they? 😀

I was only going on what @Villarockersaid about not finding a stream last night.  It just struck a chord after I read about this super block thing the other week. 

47 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Most of the streams aren’t even shown by Sky. PL sells their games worldwide so there are loads of different stations which will be showing it. 

Sky, NBC or Beinsport seem to be the main ones but recently a South African one called supersports seems to be popping up a lot

Here I can get every PL on sky ticket for 10€ a month 

If you don't want to go down the stream route you should at least be looking at the VPN route before handing over your £15 to sky, that's the scale of their greed, sky charge ze germans £9 for 40 games a month, they want £60 for 4 villa games... 

• Like 1

I am not happy paying PPV, but there again nothing is for nothing, so I guess the cost is the real issue.

The other concern for me is....will PPV affect the statutory games that Sky have planned....let me explain, my thoughts...

Sky will eventually analyse which PPV clubs are the most lucrative ones the biggest take up and switch them from statutory to PPV and the lesser ones taken up by the general subscription.....If this is not an initial stitch up, but it soon could be.

I don't expect to watch a game for nothing.....but I think a fair price needs to be established.....£14.95 seems steep to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not happy paying PPV, but there again nothing is for nothing, so I guess the cost is the real issue.

The other concern for me is....will PPV affect the statutory games that Sky have planned....let me explain, my thoughts...

Sky will eventually analyse which PPV clubs are the most lucrative ones the biggest take up and switch them from statutory to PPV and the lesser ones taken up by the general subscription.....If this is not an initial stitch up, but it soon could be.

I don't expect to watch a game for nothing.....but I think a fair price needs to be established.....£14.95 seems steep to me.

Only a dirty rotten scumbag of a company would do that, wouldnt they?

The term big 6 seems to be being bandied around a lot more often lately, its on the cards pal.

Sumbags.

Ps very annoying that we have had the last 10 years go the way they have, this is a money boom period and we, from the real big 6 have given them a 10 year head start, grrrr fuming.

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sky, NBC or Beinsport seem to be the main ones but recently a South African one called supersports seems to be popping up a lot

Here I can get every PL on sky ticket for 10€ a month 

If you don't want to go down the stream route you should at least be looking at the VPN route before handing over your £15 to sky, that's the scale of their greed, sky charge ze germans £9 for 40 games a month, they want £60 for 4 villa games... 

The other issues with Illegal streaming are :

• Firstly you need to be internet savvy, old fogies like me struggle a bit
  • The sites can be dangerous in terms of viruses and can cause untold damage to pc's, that far outweighs the ppv charge.
  • Illegal penalties that may be levied, of which I am unaware of

Its anyones best call, but a fair price would be acceptable.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • The sites can be dangerous in terms of viruses and can cause untold damage to pc's, that far outweighs the ppv charge.

Agree with that, I'm ipad and xbox for mine, never pc anymore, put some nasty things on work laptops from it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Is there definitive proof each £15 goes directly to the club or do SKY take a %....

I'm not super-happy about paying extra but I hate watching glitchy, 'little rivers'...I want perfection!

Sky/BT will get enough to cover their "expenses" incurred in making the game available for PPV. What that will actually be, has not been said.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8851227/Liverpool-Man-Utd-earn-100m-one-game-TV-Project-Big-Picture-proposals.html

A key element of the on-hold ‘Project Big Picture’ (PBP) proposal by Liverpool and Manchester United was letting Premier League clubs sell eight games each season from 2022 direct to overseas fans. Their jaw-dropping income potential shows why.

In 2019-20, champions Liverpool earned around £61million from the 20 Premier League clubs’ £1.1billion share of foreign rights deals.

Under the PBP proposals, and based on TV viewing data obtained by the Mail on Sunday, a best-case scenario might see Liverpool earn £125m from selling a single game to foreign broadcasters in 2022-23.

I think this article from the Dirty Mail shows why it's so absolutely important that when games do end up going PPV and directly televised, it's absolutely crucial that the revenues from it are distributed collectively, in the same way that the current TV deals are. The strength of the league is in it being a league - and the future of the lower tiers rely on the teams in that league collectively generating enough income to be able to collectively  pass on some of that wealth.

If this is allowed to happen on a club-by-club basis, you'll have a situation where Liverpool or Man Utd will earn more TV money from single game than the entire Championship does in a season - you'll have a situation where Liverpool can earn more than a billion pounds for a season of TV while Newcastle earn less than hundred million. It will be the end of the league as a serious sporting proposition.

There's a reason Liverpool and Man Utd want this their way, and the reason is corporate rather than sporting.

Paying your £14.95 today will only encourage a tomorrow nobody but a handful of billionaires wants.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have ways to watch this for free but it may not be as comfortable or convenient as watching on my tv through sky.  So I’ll probably just cough up the £15. The bastards! 

That’s what they are counting on.

Take it the home team gets the ppv revenue? So for today's game Leicester will get the money generated.

I'm not sure that manu and Liverpool will get massive amounts of ppv revenue, most of their uk fans buy a shirt and that's it. Maybe the 80k who go to old Trafford will. 

I'm looking at Dazn ATM. Have to change my VPN to Nord for the geographical block, mine doesn't do it atm. Most streams for me have been poor this weekend even with a VPN. I'm guessing sky are attacking the source of the streams rather than blocking them .

41 minutes ago, tinker said:

Take it the home team gets the ppv revenue? So for today's game Leicester will get the money generated.

I'm not sure that manu and Liverpool will get massive amounts of ppv revenue, most of their uk fans buy a shirt and that's it. Maybe the 80k who go to old Trafford will. 

I'm looking at Dazn ATM. Have to change my VPN to Nord for the geographical block, mine doesn't do it atm. Most streams for me have been poor this weekend even with a VPN. I'm guessing sky are attacking the source of the streams rather than blocking them .

I would assume it is split equally because you don’t know what clubs matches will be selected home or away.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's the international TV deal they're looking to replace. It's not the 80k who go to Old Trafford, it's the global lot - Utd sell 3.25 million shirts a year - there will be tens of millions prepared to pay a fiver to watch a game.

So we've established that NowTV allows you to watch the Sky Box office games. What about the BT box office ones?

I have a NowTV box in the garage that I disconnected when they blocked Plex on it, but cant be bothered to connect it up to check

Â