PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

I paid the £15 for convenience, as I wanted to watch it on my iPad using the SkyGo app. It’s a work iPad so don’t want to utilise the little rivers on there. Plus it was my wedding anniversary so wanted to be courteous and not take over the TV on my Amazon Stick which has many channels. 

The next 2 I will be utilising my Amazon Stick and not forking out. Although it was nice to have Lee Hendrie commentate on Villa for a change. 

If a fiver I would probably buy most of them. A tenner maybe the odd one. At fifteen quid there is no chance especially if they're not bothering with any post game highlights or analysis. That's taking the piss. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, birdman said:

If a fiver I would probably buy most of them. A tenner maybe the odd one. At fifteen quid there is no chance especially if they're not bothering with any post game highlights or analysis. That's taking the piss. 

This is where I'm at as well, £15 a game is taking the piss, especially with so many games in such a short space of time, it's not like boxing where you pay for one fight once every 6 months or a year, there's multiple games a week at the moment! I mean, they must have done their research, but I'd imagine that price is just causing people to find alternate ways of watching, if it was priced at £5-8 kind of range so so many more people would sign up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

obviously not a clue how true it is but theres a leak doing the rounds saying that 74 people paid for west brom vs burnley

unfortunately I think the PL will be too stubborn to back track on this no matter how badly it fails

If they'd aired the game free they'd have made more in advertising revenue

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

obviously not a clue how true it is but theres a leak doing the rounds saying that 74 people paid for west brom vs burnley

unfortunately I think the PL will be too stubborn to back track on this no matter how badly it fails

Not too attractive a fixture for the neutral and to quote Shanks "If they were playing in my back garden, I would draw my curtains" but 74!  :o

1 hour ago, weedman said:

This is where I'm at as well, £15 a game is taking the piss, especially with so many games in such a short space of time, it's not like boxing where you pay for one fight once every 6 months or a year, there's multiple games a week at the moment! I mean, they must have done their research, but I'd imagine that price is just causing people to find alternate ways of watching, if it was priced at £5-8 kind of range so so many more people would sign up. 

Also at 15 quid a pop they are kind of encouraging people to get your friends and family around to watch - probably not ideal in these uncertain times!

On 18/10/2020 at 13:19, villa4europe said:

Sky, NBC or Beinsport seem to be the main ones but recently a South African one called supersports seems to be popping up a lot

Here I can get every PL on sky ticket for 10€ a month 

If you don't want to go down the stream route you should at least be looking at the VPN route before handing over your £15 to sky, that's the scale of their greed, sky charge ze germans £9 for 40 games a month, they want £60 for 4 villa games... 

how would you order a tv package from a foreign organisation over vpn though? Surely the second you put in a uk card number and billing address it flags up...? Or do you need a willing volunteer in the designated services country?

Genuinely asking for a friend but if anyone has any input feel free to message. 

3 hours ago, John said:

Does anyone know, if you can PPV BT games if you have a Sky box, but don't have BT?   

I have BT sport but never see the Villa games on it hardly, it's usually what's playing at the time, it's very annoying.

I'll look friday see if Leeds is on it, would be nice that having to use streams.

Edited by Dave-R

55 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

how would you order a tv package from a foreign organisation over vpn though? Surely the second you put in a uk card number and billing address it flags up...? Or do you need a willing volunteer in the designated services country?

My mate had his old Australian bank account so thought of buying Australian Optus Sport which shows all games.  When he VPN’d into it back in England he got blocked. His payment was all ok because it was through his Australian bank but Optus somehow blocked VPN’s.  I’m not technical enough to know how they can do that but it stopped my mate going down that avenue.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I have BT sport but never see the Villa games on it hardly, it's usually what's playing at the time, it's very annoying.

I'll look friday see if Leeds is on it, would be nice that having to use streams.

It is on their ppv. 

4 hours ago, John said:

Does anyone know, if you can PPV BT games if you have a Sky box, but don't have BT?   

Yes. Do this John

BT Sport Box Office on Sky

You must book your first BT Sport Box Office event via their official website, unless you already subscribe to BT Sport as a Sky customer.

You must select that you’re a Sky customer and follow their instructions if going via the BT website.

If you do subscribe to BT Sport via Sky, check out Channel 490 and take it from there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Not sure, I've got both so not a problem for me

Was never an issue when I was playing about with the US PSN and Netflix accounts 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This  appears to be according to one random guy on Twitter.

Has any Villa fan set up a pool donation so those of us who have zero **** intention of lining the moneybags of the already mega-rich can donate money to charities instead? Then tweet the total amount @ Sky and BT and the PL to rub their scummy little noses in it and show them what a shambles their recent initiatives have been.

Edited by est1874

On 20/10/2020 at 12:31, villa4europe said:

About 50 more than I would have anticipated

Whilst I agree the price is a piss take these are games that would never normally be aired on tv. So whilst 35k fans would get to watch the game there would still be a lot of fans that would have to watch it on dodgy streams. I guess my point is would the ppv seem as bad if crowds were allowed?

I personally think if they had gone for £9.50 a game there wouldn’t be such an uproar. Over £10 tipped people over the edge. 

Â