PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How is it that Mike Ashley has somehow made himself look good out of this? I honestly think Purslow should be banging the drum about Villa being the most selected. It’s so grossly unfair. 

In fairness I think Mike Ashley is a bit angry at the Premier League for blocking his sale

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

How is it that Mike Ashley has somehow made himself look good out of this? I honestly think Purslow should be banging the drum about Villa being the most selected. It’s so grossly unfair. 

unfortunately  i think we voted for PPV.

5 hours ago, villaluke said:

unfortunately  i think we voted for PPV.

We did

But I doubt we voted on the basis that we will be PPV every week

Purslow should now be complaining that we should be on "normal" TV more, especially seeing as that has a long term post corona impact

All this ppv nonsense does is make people opt for illegal streaming.

If it was £15 for 3-4 games then i think it would be more successful.  Its going to get dumped its only a matter of time.  Its been a massive flop.

• Like 1

3rd game in a row that West Brom are playing the early Monday game, this seems to be the time for them to pick the on paper shittest game of the week.

On international week it becomes 5.30 on Friday with next week being Brighton vs Burnley

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its going to get dumped its only a matter of time.  Its been a massive flop.

Hmmm, depends how you define a massive flop? 

I bet Liverpool are thinking how amazingly successful its been when they got over 100k viewers for the 1 match that they had as PPV. 

They have probably already worked out a strategy how they can f**k the rest of the league and turn all their own matches in PPV forever.

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I think they might follow the BT model and have it on rolling 31 day contract £20/£25

Not many people are going to pay that sky sports and bt.  People will prioritise one over the other

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not many people are going to pay that sky sports and bt.  People will prioritise one over the other

Can't see games being made 5 quid, Would be great but more likely be a tenna so the dangling carrot could be £20/£25pm all inclusive 

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Both my lads I’ve got football games on tomorrow when the game is on ppv, is it right you can not even record it

If you record it on the sky box it’ll add the price to your bill. I think it then stays available for a few days if not a week on your box. They’re showing a full re-run of our game tomorrow around 1am Monday too if you wanted to wait :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 30/10/2020 at 07:15, Demitri_C said:

All this ppv nonsense does is make people opt for illegal streaming.

If it was £15 for 3-4 games then i think it would be more successful.  Its going to get dumped its only a matter of time.  Its been a massive flop.

In some weird messed up way people now see streaming the game rather than pay for the ppv as taking the moral high ground in this issue. 

• Like 1

If anything all this PPV malarkey is losing fans to the game. I’m certainly not paying, so if o can’t find the game I don’t watch. Finding myself more and more less inclined to go out way for it. Obviously once fans are allowed back in I’ll change my mind instantly 

47 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

In some weird messed up way people now see streaming the game rather than pay for the ppv as taking the moral high ground in this issue. 

I'd rather stream the game than pay £15.... no moral high ground from me... just being a tight bastard :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

I don't think that's messed up

Its a big **** you to sky that's long overdue

• Like 1

I have just read that Villa Vs Arsenal is the fourth PPV Villa game in a row.Not only that but the thing I dont understand is that apparently you pay for a Premier League prescription and then have to pay an extra 15 pound to watch Villa ?!

FFS.If you have already paid to watch the Premier League then surely it MUST be illegal to charge you again to watch a Premier League fixture.Thats like keeping 2 sets of books.Something is definately wrong here.

38 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I have just read that Villa Vs Arsenal is the fourth PPV Villa game in a row.Not only that but the thing I dont understand is that apparently you pay for a Premier League prescription and then have to pay an extra 15 pound to watch Villa ?!

FFS.If you have already paid to watch the Premier League then surely it MUST be illegal to charge you again to watch a Premier League fixture.Thats like keeping 2 sets of books.Something is definately wrong here.

But they can argue these are games you would never be able to watch during normal circumstances unless you paid for a ticket and attended the game. 

Â