PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But they can argue these are games you would never be able to watch during normal circumstances unless you paid for a ticket and attended the game. 

Yeah and that’s their whole argument, which on the face of it sounds reasonable but we all know it’s not hence the backlash.  You can justify most things if you want to, look how Trump has justified so many things he’s done and his supporters still love him. 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah and that’s their whole argument, which on the face of it sounds reasonable but we all know it’s not hence the backlash.  You can justify most things if you want to, look how Trump has justified so many things he’s done and his supporters still love him. 

Well no, I think that they can justify it because it's a true fact. 

Trump seems to confuse true facts with made up facts. 

Your normal Sky/BT subscription does not cover these games and never has done. They aren't fabricating that. That's why we've all been chasing streams for years.  All that's changed is they've offered you a way to pay.for those non televised games now. People just don't like the price point. 

watching the game in the stadium is a lot different than watching the game on a TV at home. At the stadium you feel the atmosphere, you are usually with mates or family. Before the game you can go for a drink or a lunch and after the game can take a pint or dinner on the way home. Its a day out and while its more expensive its an experience

pay per view gives you none of that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Your normal Sky/BT subscription does not cover these games and never has done. They aren't fabricating that. That's why we've all been chasing streams for years.  All that's changed is they've offered you a way to pay.for those non televised games now. People just don't like the price point. 

Fair enough I was thinking of the less extreme Trump things like appointing an Associate Justice to the Supreme Court a week before an election.  While he can do it he shouldn’t do it.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

watching the game in the stadium is a lot different than watching the game on a TV at home. At the stadium you feel the atmosphere, you are usually with mates or family. Before the game you can go for a drink or a lunch and after the game can take a pint or dinner on the way home. Its a day out and while its more expensive its an experience

pay per view gives you none of that

Yes and surely the £35 upwards price reflects that. Plus not everyone can get a ticket to games either so would normally have to find an illegal stream or listen on the radio anyway.

Im not justifying the price. I think its a rip off. I just think a lot of people are complaining about the price of something that’s never been available before anyway. If that makes sense?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes and surely the £35 upwards price reflects that. Plus not everyone can get a ticket to games either so would normally have to find an illegal stream or listen on the radio anyway.

Im not justifying the price. I think its a rip off. I just think a lot of people are complaining about the price of something that’s never been available before anyway. If that makes sense?

but that's not so.  yes it hasnt been available in the UK but has been available outside of the UK for years.  An Optus subscription in Australia allows you every PL game, every weekend for a small monthly subscription and this is the same for many countries around the world.  There is no argument that this is because there is less demand for the product around the world because we all know that isnt true and is watched by millions.  The reason here is more from the clubs and wanting people to go to the games and probably a few other reasons.  So the service has been available around the world just not to UK residents.  Yes you can argue, well that still means it wasnt available here but it's a lightweight argument when generally the service has been available.  It's again down to price and gouging fans.  They can provide the service for a nominal fee while stadiums are closed and then go back to their restrictions of service for the UK if they want.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My season ticket is £420, so £22 a match. £7 difference Is ridiculous. 

As for never been available before fair enough, but it should be equal between teams. How is it fair that as Villa fan we’d have 4 games on the spin on PPV yet Everton have none. That’s where this system breaks down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

My season ticket is £420, so £22 a match. £7 difference Is ridiculous. 

Before The Event, you could get STs in some part of the ground for less than £15 a game.

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Actually, after the last lockdown was lifted, all games were free as long as you had a subscription so you're not exactly right there. 

These are unprecedented times for all and those involved with charging for these games are multi million or multi billion pound institutions that an make do whilst the average football fan tries to get by in uncertain times. They could bring us some enjoyable times and distraction from the worries of everyday life at no extra cost but, they're choosing not to. 

• Like 2

Why do you have to subscribe to sky before you even have the option of paying the £15? 

Can't believe we could go top of the league today and it's not televised (don't think we will) , if we do then we're not going to be on sky for at least another 4 games , how embarrassing is that for sky ? 

39 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can't believe we could go top of the league today and it's not televised (don't think we will) , if we do then we're not going to be on sky for at least another 4 games , how embarrassing is that for sky ? 

They don’t care, we aren’t one of the fashionable clubs so they just ignore us until and when we get beaten and then analyse why we got beaten.  If we win it’ll be another quick mention and then onto their favourite clubs.  If we win today it’ll be

‘Team easily beaten by Leeds last week, win today to temporarily go second in the table’....’now onto Newcastle vs Everton’

• Like 1

We'll from my perspective, this nonsense made me put in the effort to find out about streaming. Been watching lots of PPV matches on my £10 a month IPTV subscription. Would've never bothered and carried on paying sky before, but now that's £80 a month I can get rid of for my Sky/BT subscription (only use Virgin for the sport, nothing else). Cheers Premier League!

Edited by blunther

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

The £14.95 fee has now been scraped after this weekend, Will be spread over Sky, BT, Amazon and BBC 

Even if they charged a fiver people would have done that but this was just greed.

The right decison

Â