Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

I know it's only Fulham, but it's so nice to watch us dominate a Premier League team

I’m not sure I’d say we were dominating them. We’ve had less ball but been much more direct with it and look the better side.

8 hours ago, deeps said:

It will come for Ollie. Trez is running his socks off just lacking that killer instinct at times. 
Deans tactics spot on so far. Fulham can’t be as bad in the 2nd half. Far from over. 

like he ever had it, he can run all he wants, running should be a given.

The dude has virtually no ability on the ball, its shocking to watch.

he could have put watkins clean through and he literally passed BEHIND HIM, shocking.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah Watkins is tying too hard here.

Deano did mention that he is hard on himself.

Aside from that.

We do look sloppy at times, however, last season, this would still be a nil nil.

These are the games we chucked away last season.

We just need to get as many points as early as possible, and the momentum will hopefully build into more confidence and composure.

ALSO, weaker performers will eventually have played themselves out of the team to make way for the likes of Traore etc.

Two nil up and it could have been more - and we've been poor.

Pressing has been absolutely nowhere and our passing is horrendous - which is a pity, because every time we've put three passes together we've looked like scoring.

If we don't improve in the second half we might not win this - if we do, we might score six.

Cash and Targett need to be careful, I wouldn't be surprised to see a red in this game - Odoi has made fifteen fouls in that first half without a hint of a yellow.

I don't think I've ever seen a team have so many opportunities to put crosses into the box and have none of them come off - we absolutely need to close down the crosses.

Watkins has won a load of headers that no one has gotten onto, Trez has looked lively, Grealish had a pretty poor half (and scored and had a big hand in a goal and a chance).

I'm sure I read Luiz completed 90 odd passes last week, I'd be surprised if it's 10 so far - we just haven't passed it at all. 

A nice early third goal that lets us relax and play would be nice.

• Like 3

Let's hope Watkins isn't like Davis, all good elsewhere but no finishing. I do back him but this is an ideal game to get off the mark in the premier league.

Elsewhere some good breaks, two good goals, Targett is a weak link, and trezeguet is crap. 

I'd like to see us get it down and control the ball better. It's 2-0 and could easily be 3 or 4. Let's hope we don't rue those misses. It only takes one Fulham goal to make it nervy

Very good performance. Grealish has been great. McGinn looks fit and sharp. Watkins  -  serious appetite for work. Zero ego. He'll be gutted about the chances he's missed but this fella is some upgrade on Wesley. Suitably impressed with Targett. Aggressive in his play in a positive way. Luiz ? He's either feeling the effects of the early knock or completely disinterested.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hope Watkins gets a goal, I really hope it doesn’t turn into a “thing” of when will he get a PL goal. He looks like he’s forcing it a touch.

Peter Withe took nine games to get off the mark. 

• Like 2