• Trézéguet
    • Watkins
    • Grealish
    • Ramsey (Hourihane 77)
    • Traoré (Trézéguet 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 22:59

The score really flattered us, as I thought it was very competitive. Fulham remind me of us last season, where we would work hard, but in key moments were unable to do basic defending properly... In PL you get punished for those. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

Is it possible to be a bit underwhelmed with a 3-0 away win in the league?

Fulham are shit. Job done comfortable I guess but we didn't play that well with the ball. A but uninspiring.

This is so churlish and nit picky given the result I know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stroll in the park. Despite the commentary basically creaming over Fulham’s ‘attractive’ football, they were pants and predictable. They have one route - out wide and then quickly to Mitrovic - and we dealt with it. 

Martinez was assured and concentrated sufficiently to pull off that great save.

Targett was shaky and was the main focus of their attacks. Cash, by contrast, was superb: unlike Targett, Cash doesn’t care if he loses one duel, he starts over each time. Really impressed.

Centre half pairing of Mings and Konsa was assured, again. Dealt with everything thrown at them.

Central midfield: Doug was quiet and got behind play a little too often. I hope he isn’t disciplined for that off-the-ball incident: I thought Bryan gave as good as he got. McGinn was terrific for two thirds of the game: that turn was exquisite. Conor finished his chance tidily, but faded. Ramsay looked quite assured when he came on. 

Grealish is on another level. Took his foot off the gas in the second half, but he crossed their lines so often in the first half: truly wonderful. Trez frustrates me: works hard but those first half passes were awful. Traore looked lively: perhaps eon’t offer as much defensive cover as Trez.

Ollie looked good, but I worry that he was grasping at those first half chances. Movement was good though, kept running and I think his talent means that he creates a lot of space for others. His goals will undoubtedly come,.

We didn’t come out of second gear for much of it, but I love seeing how much better we are than Fulham: we’re making good progress.

• Like 3

Think people have to be realistic - you aren't going to play blistering football for 90 minutes.  In patches we looked devastating going forward - we defended very strongly - even if some of it was last gasp blocks. Room for improvement as there always is - be many, many more positives than negatives.

• Like 4

Can’t believe I’m saying this but not our best performance but that shows our growth.  Love the 3-0 score line, solid performances all around, hopefully no injuries, some nice goals and a brilliant 3 points.  Shame Ollie didn’t score, tried his best.

34 points to safety, 94 points to the title....

• Like 2

A good win that without looking incredible. Sloppy at times but our counter attacking play today was really positive, if that's the style we want to build on then happy days because I think we could definitely cause teams problems that way. We'll have far harder games than Fulham but the Villa of old would have probably struggled a lot more than that. 

McGinn was excellent and back to his best tonight but I voted Cash MOTM, thought he was outstanding. We've got a proper player there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If no one else has said it then I will- Fullham are doing a Fulham. That's one of the bottom 3 I think.

Onwards and upwards for the Villa. Its about time as a club we opened our legs and showed our class to the footballing world again.

Marvelous. Bring on Stoke.

Sharon Stone Reaction GIF by FILMTASTIC

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We blew them away within 15 minutes, and sat back for the rest of it. Fantastic defensive display. Konsa and Mings were rock solid, Cash was tireless as Targett grew into the game.

Watkins is going to be great for us, that engine and desire will get him goals, it was just one of those games for him.

First PL away win in 26 games also.

Yes, there was a mistake, but Emi is top class and his save from Bryan proved it. He also picked out some good passes.

I'm glad we scored from open play to shut up some of the critics. Sky sounded sad that Fulham lost.

That referee was a total coward. Too many bookings, Fulham should have finished with 9 men.

Luiz off the boil today for me.

A fantastic team effort against a side which like to press and use possession. Mitrovic only had so many successes because of his fouls and Mings and Ezre nulified Him so well.

I think Mings was blocking Emi’s view for the non-goal. So don't even hold that against him.

Â