Jump to content

Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa


limpid
 Share

Match Polls  

246 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

    • Martinez
    • Cash
    • Konsa
    • Mings
    • Targett
      0
    • McGinn
    • Luiz
      0
    • Hourihane
      0
    • Trézéguet
    • Watkins
    • Grealish
    • Ramsey (Hourihane 77)
      0
    • Traoré (Trézéguet 84)
      0
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

  3. 3. Refereeing Performance


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 22:59

Recommended Posts

Just now, Hev said:

Talking of Sky BBC etc did anyone hear Alan Smith on the Sky comm say abt Fulham "its embarrassing to be losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa' 🥵

Keep in mind the media narrative around Villa this season.  The stereotypical story is that we barely stayed up, have overspent on "Championship" reinforcements and are shittier than every other team, except for Fulham & WBA.  This is a winnable game for Fulham, on paper.  

If we take a point off Liverpool and trash Leeds the following, they might start to take notice of us and change that narrative, but until then, that's how we'll be portrayed.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Made In Aston said:

The fumble for their disallowed goal wasn't too clever. I dread to think some of the comments on here if Nyland had done that tonight. 

 

Plenty of people criticised the mistake. But it's evident to many the gulf in class between them. Nyland is Bambi on ice the entire time in comparison.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weird one that. We were pretty sloppy with our passes while Fulham were much slicker, but their defence is shocking.

 

Surprised Traore didn't get more of a run out. Around the hour mark we were struggling a bit, I thought it might be a good time to change things up a bit. Happy to see Ramsay get a chance though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were too open without the ball. At times our attacking play was delicious. We should have had 6/7 maybe more. I think we need to work on our passing. 

Onwards to the title decider on Sunday (😂) . If we allow Arnold to cross as freely as they did today we'll get smashed. Mings and Konsa looked very good though in the middle. We have to be brave though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hev said:

Talking of Sky BBC etc did anyone hear Alan Smith on the Sky comm say abt Fulham "its embarrassing to be losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa' 🥵

...and he's supposed to be a villa fan too !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

We did what we had to. Early goals and then conceded possession 

My favourite game is back, guessing who gives Smith poor. 3 people so far, one for each away goal!

Probably the same muppets that voted the ref as having a very good performance

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s what teams were doing to us at times last season when we were newbies ... players and coaches seem to have learnt from last season and 2 games in we look much improved .

hope Southgate was watching as that was pretty much a master class from Jack , if he hadn’t been trying so hard to get a goal for Ollie I think he’d have had a couple more.

Can’t really fault anyone tonight ... Targett still worries me though , we need to upgrade him at some point .

loved the slick interplay between players , people will look at Watkins and say 0 for 2 but his movement and touch already makes him a huge upgrade for the team ... the goals will come 

if we can get this CM and upgrade El Ghazi and Engels with nee players then the future looks bright 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Plenty of people criticised the mistake. But it's evident to many the gulf in class between them. Nyland is Bambi on ice the entire time in comparison.

I'd argue it was a classic Nyland performance... Good distribution, great reaction save and a complete howler to top it off 😉

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We were too open without the ball. At times our attacking play was delicious. We should have had 6/7 maybe more. I think we need to work on our passing. 

Onwards to the title decider on Sunday (😂) . If we allow Arnold to cross as freely as they did today we'll get smashed. Mings and Konsa looked very good though in the middle. We have to be brave though.

I think its more the movement than the passing.....its better, but still needs work on it.....its off the ball we need to improve.

but a great win.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great performance. We absolutely could have pressed for more but it was a really clinical performance at both ends. 

A clean sheet and spanking a team at their place. An assured, comfortable performance. All of the new additions were excellent, especially Cash. 

It would have been nice to hold a bit more possession and be a bit tidier. We'll need to work on that to compete with better teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That’s what teams were doing to us at times last season when we were newbies ... players and coaches seem to have learnt from last season and 2 games in we look much improved .

hope Southgate was watching as that was pretty much a master class from Jack , if he hadn’t been trying so hard to get a goal for Ollie I think he’d have had a couple more.

Can’t really fault anyone tonight ... Targett still worries me though , we need to upgrade him at some point .

loved the slick interplay between players , people will look at Watkins and say 0 for 2 but his movement and touch already makes him a huge upgrade for the team ... the goals will come 

if we can get this CM and upgrade El Ghazi and Engels with nee players then the future looks bright 

 

 

Targett worries me too.

Watkins will be ok, no worries there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do fans think we are going to go away from home and boss the game? That was a fantastic away performance. I’m really surprised by the negativity over how we played. We let them have the ball because we were 2-0 up and they could do f**k all with it. Leicester won the league playing how we did today. 
 

6 points, 2 clean sheets. Smile people ;)

Haha so true, there are just too many Villa fans on this forum for my liking 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All in all great start to the season. Better today than last week by far but ultimately still some issues around ball retention which I've mentioned before. Having said that, Fulham had a large amount of the ball and looked awful so I'd be worried if I was a Fulham fan. 

 

McGinn, Cash and Grealish were the standout performers to me. I wasn't bowled over by the Cash signing but my word he's impressed me, looked fantastic in the first two games albeit against two weak teams. Great in the tackle, reads the game really well, and gets forward. Wanted Traore to start over Hourihane today but a goal and an assist, fair play. Good game from him.

 

On the other hand, Targett played poorly again and is a concern. Martinez had another good game but made a howler with that shot, luckily the goal was ruled out (rightly so). Watkins did well on the whole but needs a goal to boost his confidence. I'm sure it will come though. Rest of the team did well on the whole and Ramsey and Traore both did well off the bench. 

 

Still think we need to dip into the market a bit more, if we can get RLC or Barkley that would improve us a fair bit. Another defender and forward would be useful too but wouldn't be too bothered if we get RLC/Barkley. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â