• Trézéguet
    • Watkins
    • Grealish
    • Ramsey (Hourihane 77)
    • Traoré (Trézéguet 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 22:59

We could and should have scored more but that was a great win, although you’d have to temper it a little with saying that’s probably the worst defence we’ll come up against this season.

Didn’t really get the defensive tactics though, I mean we kept a clean sheet so what do I know but seemed a risky shout to allow them to cross at will with Mitrovic in there, he got on the end of at least 10 of them!

Grealish MoTM as he just oozes class, although some of his cross field balls were dodge. I don’t think there was a single bad performance though, the team definitely seem fitter and more willing to put a shift in, wins will do that for you though.

Great start to the season.

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

The result was as good as it gets.....but when you win, is the time to look at a few issues....and search for improvements.....a better team, could have got back in with the amount of ball we allowed them and the amount if crosses, we allowed them.

When we lose, its not the time, its time to lift spirits.....i know that sounds paradoxical, but when your winning is the time to look at improvements when everyone is in the right frame if mind, to listen.

Agreed.

The three times we did look good we scored.

The passing was poor....the decision making was poor....aimlessly hitting long....the standing off...allowing cross after cross....dropping to the edge of the box...no second balls.

I know some people look at stats and some dont...but if you look at the key ones

Possession 34%

Passes 208 to fulham 450

Crosses allowed 43 to fulham 8

Clearances 34 to fulham 7

A better team would have easily scored 3 maybe four tonight.

We need to be better on the ball against better teams....more composed...more organised than backs to the wall.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - we were really weak in our pressing and poor in possession. A better team would have caused us all sorts of problems.

Of course, I also think we played quite well at times.

Strange game.

Yeah I tend to agree, we had moments where we looked really good, mostly involving JG but sometimes not, McGinn, Watkins, Cash even Hourihane and Trez all played their parts in some very nice football. We also lost the ball really cheaply, gave them the lion's share of possession and made a lot of mistakes. You can see what we're trying to do and with a couple of quality additions to the squad if we manage to do it for 90 minutes we'll be a good enough side to compete most weeks. 

There will be bad weeks though where the faults are more prominent and get punished. That said I do really like what Smith and co are trying to do, there's a really nice footballing side in there somewhere :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hev said:

Talking of Sky BBC etc did anyone hear Alan Smith on the Sky comm say abt Fulham "its embarrassing to be losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa' 🥵

Did my head in all game with his comments.  The first one being that Fulham have to be winning teams like this if they're going to stay up😠😠

Also,  don't get all the negativity  on here about how poor we played (quite a few rating manager as poor🙁) Went 2 nil up and did what we needed to do.

Gave Grealish motm, ripped them to pieces first half.  SJM close second and impressed with Cash,  Watkins  and thought Trez put a good shift in. UTV

Edited by markc

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

On the 28th of September last year we had already played 7 games and got 5 points. We are ahead by 1 point with 5 games in hand. That is progress regardless of the opposition we have played. 

It’s crucial that we won those 2 games, look at our next two and it’s very likely we get nothing but at least it frees up the players to play a bit more. We could probably lose the next 3 and still be out of the bottom three, obviously you hope for more though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

It’s crucial that we won those 2 games, look at our next two and it’s very likely we get nothing but at least it frees up the players to play a bit more. We could probably lose the next 3 and still be out of the bottom three, obviously you hope for more though.

What like season when we drew at Everton and then beat Arsenal? Go into every game thinking we have  a chance to pick points up. Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I think Mings was blocking Emi’s view for the non-goal. So don't even hold that against him.

But when Davis pushes Nyland over the line for a non goal he gets absolute pelters from all corners.

• Like 1

Â