• Trézéguet
    • Watkins
    • Grealish
    • Ramsey (Hourihane 77)
    • Traoré (Trézéguet 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 22:59

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - we were really weak in our pressing and poor in possession. A better team would have caused us all sorts of problems.

Of course, I also think we played quite well at times.

Strange game.

Despite conceding possession to Fulham we had the lions share of opportunities that actually were of any threat to goal.

And, when you're 2-0 up within fifteen minutes, and 3-0 up with well over half an hour to play, it's understandable that a team sets up to defend the lead and break on the counter.

It turned out to be an effective tactic as we leave the match with a clean sheet and add three goals to the good onto our goal difference.

16 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Why wasn't this a red?

Am I right in thinking that decision even went against Watkins? I did think it was bizarre in live, looking at that it's outrageous that it wasn't a foul, a booking  and debatable whether it should have been a sending off.

I do wonder whether Scott Parker is deliberately, very publicly calling out his owner on last night's apology in the hope of getting the sack.

For Parker's career he's at a very stark crossroads - stay with Fulham and either get relegated or sacked in a brutal season of failure that will leave a big stain on his reputation, quit and look like someone who doesn't have the stomach for the fight, or hope that he can engender a situation where he was forced to leave by a rogue owner.

At the moment, starting a fight with Khan might be Parker's best hope of a decent career.

We're incredibly lucky to have the owners we do, the ambition we do, the structures we do and people in key spots with great character and real care for the club. Things started changing at Villa Park a couple of years ago and over the next couple of years, people are going to start noticing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I do wonder whether Scott Parker is deliberately, very publicly calling out his owner on last night's apology in the hope of getting the sack.

For Parker's career he's at a very stark crossroads - stay with Fulham and either get relegated or sacked in a brutal season of failure that will leave a big stain on his reputation, quit and look like someone who doesn't have the stomach for the fight, or hope that he can engender a situation where he was forced to leave by a rogue owner.

At the moment, starting a fight with Khan might be Parker's best hope of a decent career.

We're incredibly lucky to have the owners we do, the ambition we do, the structures we do and people in key spots with great character and real care for the club. Things started changing at Villa Park a couple of years ago and over the next couple of years, people are going to start noticing. 

Well said.....I totally endorse that.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wholeheartedly agree. I've been iterating my optimism about Villa's future since the ownership of Sawiris, but in particular Edens, became official. I'll spare the forum the details of why at the risk of repeating myself and an unnecessarily long post. Then they appointed Smith, and you'll find if you care to look that I was very much of the opinion that this was an excellent appointment, as the fixtures played accumulated and it seemed that promotion was going to elude us for yet another season, I told VT to wait and see, as Smith's approach would have us in with a shot, if we maintained our standards of performance. Oops, there I go repeating myself and en route to a lengthy post.. 

What can I say?

I'm clearly excited and it's not just because I agree with you @OutByEaster? that those changes will start to be noticed within a few years as we ascend the club rankings. It's mostly because of those people we have running the show with character and care for the club that will be the reason behind any success stories we encounter. And what's more is that I believe that we have entered an era where the prospects for us competing in the highest echelons of world football are good enough that we will see a period of sustained and prolonged stability in management, as our owners look to invest time, money, and resources, so that this Villa project becomes profitable, but also enjoyable and successful.

UTV!

• Like 1

Â