• Trézéguet
    • Watkins
    • Grealish
    • Ramsey (Hourihane 77)
    • Traoré (Trézéguet 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 22:59

34 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Great performance.  Can't complain at all about that first half

• Martinez - Oozes class...  This guy is special.  Could be the Premier League signing of the season.  If any other Villa keeper on our books played tonight instead of him, we would not have kept a clean sheet.
  • Cash - Still a bit raw, but he's shown glimpes of being quality.  Looking forward to seeing him progress throughout this season.
  • Konsa - I don't rate him as much as most Villa supporters, but he was solid tonight.
  • Mings - Fantastic today.  Narrowly missing out on my man of the match award to McGinn
  • Targett - Mediocre performance.  Made some mistakes, but they were targeting him (no pun intended) all night.
  • Douglas Luiz - An off night for him.  Was lucky to get away with that little swipe with 15 mins left in the game, but otherwise was a bit below his usual level tonight.
  • McGinn - Man of the Match!  He must have read some of the comments on here after last week, declaring him shit and not Premier League quality.  Was everywhere and picked up two assists.
  • Hourihane - I thought he showed both the best part of his gameplay tonight (getting forward and free kicks) and his worst (consistency with free kicks and defensive skills).  RLC/Barkley would be a huge step up, still.
  • Trez - I still think he's shit, but he put in a shift defensively.  Offensively, he showed his limitations again.  Many attacks stopped with him.
  • Watkins - His off the ball movement and hold up play is fantastic.  Even if he doesn't get on the scoresheet himself, he contributes far more to our attack than any other striker has for us under Deano. I think he'll relax a bit after he gets off the mark in the Premier League.
  • Grealish - Brilliant for the first twenty minutes, then a mediocre performance (for his standards) for the rest of the night.  

I know it's only Fulham, but it was a complete performance.  This is the time to play Liverpool and see just how far we've come in the off season.  I don't know why, but something tells me that we can go toe to toe with them next weekend.  Deano's system is taking hold in the Premier League and we finally look threatening on the counter.  

Good resume.

I think Konsa is getting better and better....

We need to vigilant at the far posts against liverpool, they are deadly....Targett might be toast.....they target him for a reason.

Thought ollie tried too hard and was dead on his feat with 10 to go.

Just relax because the goals will come.

We lost or compact shape due to luiz pushing too far forwards, their goal came from his mistake pushing too far forwards.

He needs to just calm down and stay level headed, at 2 nil he kept pushing forwards looking to get in on the goal action and it left us exposed.

Trez did some good defensive work and kept on, mginn looked half decent but still not up to speed and cash looked decent.

Jack was playing great but then got sloppy several times giving the ball away unnecessarily.

Mings and konsa played well and a great delivery and reaction goal from CH.

Target got tore apart lots tonight

Martinez another decent performance barring the fumble. Didnt come for crosses tonight against mitrovic barring one.

Nice to see traore get a brief run out and Ramsey get some minutes.

Just need to keep to our positions and keep things tight if we want to progress.

6 points from 6, I am hoping for 12 points from the first 6 games, we are half way there and most importantly its 6 against the now bottom teams.

Well done chaps

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

thats pretty shocking tbh, an owner/director coming out like that......what are the current players gonna think?, wont exactly make them wanna give blood and tears for the shirt?

52 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I thought our main weakness was giving the ball away, but I thought we defended very solidly, especially when blocking the ball and closing down. Excellent energy, desire and commitment, for me.

The result was as good as it gets.....but when you win, is the time to look at a few issues....and search for improvements.....a better team, could have got back in with the amount of ball we allowed them and the amount if crosses, we allowed them.

When we lose, its not the time, its time to lift spirits.....i know that sounds paradoxical, but when your winning is the time to look at improvements when everyone is in the right frame if mind, to listen.

• Like 2

Fulham were poor but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Would be churlish to complain after a 3-0 win away!

Voted Konsa MOTM as I thought he marshalled the dangerous Mitrovic very well all night.

Watkins is great - the goals will come. 

6 points and two clean sheets, what a start!

• Like 2

Good result, lots of positives. 

• Cash (7 tackles!)
  • McGinn (2 assists, where are the people saying he is not good enough now 😂)
  • Watkins despite not scoring his holding up and link-up play was excellent.
  • Martinez despite the drop looked assured and calm distributing and produced a top class save.
  • Grealish was fantastic going forward as you would expect, good finish for the goal but also got 5 tackles and tracked back well.  I am thinking he is working on proving to Southgate he can play as an 8.
  • Konsa and Mings managed to contain Mitrovic well.  Konsa was particularly impressive in the air.  I was unsure he was going to make it for much of last season but now think he is going to develop into a top CB. 

Some negatives for me were Luiz who seemed just off the pace, not winning the second balls and just lacking intensity.  Also Targett had a poor game failing to stop the crosses coming in from the left side all game.  Both need to improve before Liverpool to stand a chance of taking anything from the game.

That said, I think we a 3 players (LW/CM/LB competition) from having a solid mid-table/top half side.  

• Like 2

Â