Ross Barkley

LondonLax

40 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Nope, he was the laziest waste of space to pull on a villa shirt in years. He didn't shine much at all.

He was garbage in his time with us.

Fair play he's doing well for Luton but, Christ alive, he was shite for us.

As far as loan signings for us in the last ten years he's got some stiff competition in the biggest bag of shite award.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's not even remotely in the conversation for 'worst loan signing', come on. Barkley put in two or three excellent performances (the Liverpool game, one against Southampton) and scored a last-minute winner against Leicester. Remind me which game Josh Onomah excelled in again? Or Tiago Ilori?

In terms of expectations - he’s by far the worst.

We’ve had worse loan signings… but none that I expected anything from.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

In terms of expectations - he’s by far the worst.

We’ve had worse loan signings… but none that I expected anything from.

I feel like that's a bit on you to be honest. He'd barely played for Chelsea for ages, it was always a 'maybe we can get him going again' loan signing not a guarantee. 

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I feel like that's a bit on you to be honest. He'd barely played for Chelsea for ages, it was always a 'maybe we can get him going again' loan signing not a guarantee. 

Oh 100% on me.

Was delighted with the signing, and expected so much.

But after I watched him let a Leeds player run past and and he made 0% effort at stopping him, it was over in my head.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's not even remotely in the conversation for 'worst loan signing', come on. Barkley put in two or three excellent performances (the Liverpool game, one against Southampton) and scored a last-minute winner against Leicester. Remind me which game Josh Onomah excelled in again? Or Tiago Ilori?

Away at Arsenal in the 3nil. They were all superb. Him and Grealish toyed with them. But yes generally he was awful. 

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Away at Arsenal in the 3nil. They were all superb. Him and Grealish toyed with them. But yes generally he was awful. 

His assist for Watkins in that game was ridiculous.

He was really good until he got injured, and then he just looked physically finished. Always seemed really frustrated with himself (where people thought he was simply mad he got subbed). Actually surprised to see him doing so well in the PL. I thought he was done after that Nice stint.

• Like 2

Â