Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Nice to find this thread in Other Football as I browse through. He gave us some good memories in his loan time here, the two winning goals and the Liverpool game. It’s a shame it never worked out for him but that’s the beauty of loans with no obligation to buy. I wish him well wherever he ends up. 

13 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good loan really. Gave us points and helped us understand whether he would be a good fit long term or not , as it turns out not. Villa have done well here imho.

My bet is Ross stays where he is. I just dont see why he would accept a pay cut to move and who could afford him? 

Agreed, this was quite successful really. Without his direct goal involvements we'd have been more like 'top-of-the-bottom' rather than 'bottom-of-the-top', and he had some good games. He lost form and confidence after his injury, which was a shame but maybe we should have stopped 'trying to make it happen' a bit sooner than we did. Now we're not lumbered with a struggling player.

I'm sad it didn't work out really, and I don't think it was a lack of effort on his behalf so much as a huge lack of confidence after a couple of shit performances. I hope he has more luck in the next chapter of his career (but obviously not against us).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not seen a single link to another club.

I think he's done as a PL player.

Barkley is the opposite of what your modern day manager want.

There is no room for luxury players anymore

Edited by villalad21

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's funny you'd say that right before this link came about.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Cabbage will sign him on a 5 year 100k a week deal once his contract expires at Chelsea. The only question is will he be given the fabled number 9 jersey. You probably haven't heard but they love a number 9 up there. 

I agree with others that his loan was successful in so much as he did some important things for us, especially at the beginning, and generally was a decent player for the duration.

But It wasn't successful enough for us to be considering buying him so happy to see we're seemingly not interested

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Linked with a return to Everton apparently, like they haven't suffered enough this week. Fans not to impressed if Twitter is anything to go by and I don't blame them. 

Jesus. Barkley, Townsend and Gray. How exciting for them...

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen him at Costa Coffee Takeout in Solihull with his girlfriend, he was in his car, so I didn’t think it was a good idea to approach him. Maybe, this shouldn’t have been moved to other football in the first place, I don’t know 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen him at Costa Coffee Takeout in Solihull with his girlfriend, he was in his car, so I didn’t think it was a good idea to approach him. Maybe, this shouldn’t have been moved to other football in the first place, I don’t know 

he's prob moving to SHA, but got lost?

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

tenor.gif

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was brilliant at the start of last season for us I thought, he and the team were never going to keep that form up for the whole of the season 

yeah he was great for about 5 games, over the entire season.

Â