Ross Barkley

LondonLax

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Bet Southgate wouldn't be delighted if Jack did it. A reason to not pick him for the Euro's

Southgate just needs any excuse. But yeah the season isn't exactly over for Jack. Barkley isn't playing a single game until August though.

Southgate would drop anyone that did the same, as evidenced by the bans he handed out to Greenwood and Foden, so irrelevant bringing him up in regards to what Barkley has done (who will never make another England squad) or whether Grealish ends up doing the same.

As for Barkley, he is clearly an idiot. Anyone that gets abusively drunk and takes it out on staff is, regardless of status. He's got issues,  whether its more than just "he's a dick", who knows, but he needs help either way if he wants to extend his career.

As to whether it warrants a news story... probably not, people get drunk all the time. People get thrown out of places when they've had too much. Yeah, it matters more to his career than most, but still not really news.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people still claim he was just " tired " or his foot might have slipped though. lol

Stop with the propaganda!!!

yet the judge made it clear that Grealish wasnt drink driving

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yet the judge made it clear that Grealish wasnt drink driving

Not doubting your info but

A. How would the judge know he wasn't drink driving, he left the scene.

B. So what is your genuine perspective on the video and state of him that morning?

C. You reckon they were playing twister at Ross McCormacks all night?

Actually, guess I am doubting your info. I'd love to see the quotes and how the judge came to this conclusion. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not doubting your info but

A. How would the judge know he wasn't drink driving, he left the scene.

B. So what is your genuine perspective on the video and state of him that morning?

C. You reckon they were playing twister at Ross McCormacks all night?

Actually, guess I am doubting your info. I'd love to see the quotes and how the judge came to this conclusion. lol

District Judge John Bristow made clear there was “no evidence” Grealish had been drink-driving during the March crash.

You should not have been driving on March 29 – this is a further aggravating feature

Judge

But he said it was an aggravating factor Grealish had known by June 2020 that he was being charged with an offence for the March crash, yet then chose to drive in an “intimidating” manner in October.

Sentencing, the judge told the winger: “The offence on March 29 was committed six days after the national coronavirus lockdown was announced.

“You should have been at home, you do not assert you had any proper reason not to be.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/12/15/englands-grealish-gets-nine-month-driving-ban-after-slippers-lockdown-crash/

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

" No Evidence "... well of course not... he left the scene.

Did you watch the video?

Anyway, we'll go with he was tired, his foot slipped multiple times and/ or he's just a terrible driver. 🤓

• Like 1

Early mid life crisis?

We need much better at the club, seems to be to much of a child minded player who throws fits whenever things don't go his way. He does let things get on top of him to easy and yes I know I do not know what's going on with him but I do hope he sorts it all out.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" No Evidence "... well of course not... he left the scene.

Did you watch the video?

Anyway, we'll go with he was tired, his foot slipped multiple times and/ or he's just a terrible driver. 🤓

Jack was clearly still drunk or under the influence of something. 

It was obvious at the time. 

It's always been double standards for players that people like. 

• Like 1

So Ross Barkley gets drunk and Jack is back in the spotlight. Jack doesn’t just have to be an angel but from this day forth he must make sure that no other footballer ever steps out of line again. 

It must also be understood that these days every wannabe story seller is very quick to pull out a phone and tell their version of what they saw. I’m not defending Ross but was he drunk, staggering and argumentative? Perhaps the staff at the restaurant were in the wrong? The judge, jury and hangman have spoken so the bloke gets slaughtered. Sad world. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So Ross Barkley gets drunk and Jack is back in the spotlight. Jack doesn’t just have to be an angel but from this day forth he must make sure that no other footballer ever steps out of line again. 

It must also be understood that these days every wannabe story seller is very quick to pull out a phone and tell their version of what they saw. I’m not defending Ross but was he drunk, staggering and argumentative? Perhaps the staff at the restaurant were in the wrong? The judge, jury and hangman have spoken so the bloke gets slaughtered. Sad world. 

He didn't hurt anyone, just made a goose of himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think some want it to be true so they can justify the very harsh criticism they've handed out to Ross over the year.

I see both sides.

Everybody is allowed to get sloshed off duty, and we don't know his mental state etc.

Thing is, this comes with the territory, so you have to take the good with the bad.

The money, fame and celebrity comes with media manipulation and hit pieces for " traffic " as long as you give them ammunition. ( At times you don't even have to give tham that )

So unfortunately, they have to be a bit more careful with there behavior in public. Especially when you're already generally in the " bad books " in most fans eyes.

For example, if that same incident involved John McGinn, posters responses would probably be more along the lines of " LAD ".

Barkley needs a permanent home, and a fresh start.

• Like 2

As someone who has someone very close to me suffering from mental illness it is horrible to see them videos of Ross. He is clearly struggling with some mental health issues. He’s a human at the end of the day, I hope he can seek the help he needs. 

If i'm honest, this just never felt " right " to me, for us.

Played a part in a few brilliant performances though.

As i've said earlier, hope he sorts himself out, gets a new club and a fresh start.

Good luck to him, but never for us IMO.

Â