Ross Barkley

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Newsflash Jack Grealish gets drunk often when season is over.

Why the different standards from some on here?

I don't like it when he does it either. He delivers thou.

Fwiw Ross can do whatever he likes and I'm sure not going to start a Facebook or Twitter account and go berate him for getting drunk. Glad he no longer a Villa player thou.

• Like 1

The Scum are scummy. 

Alcoholism is a serious illness. Not saying Ross is by any stretch - more a comment on the contempt these newspapers have when high-profile people get drunk. 

He’s allowed to get drunk. 

The season is over. Leave him alone. It’s a weird voyeurism. There could be lots of personal reasons, or he just wanted to get drunk with a friend, but the tabloids want to make it deeper. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Or one of the reasons that his career is going the wrong way is that he's not acting as a professional off the pitch. Just happened to be caught on camera out in public this time.

Pure speculation of course, just like long Covid and mental health issues. Hope he's OK but glad he's not at Villa anymore.

11 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

In June, I’m going on a work night out. I’ll probably get a bit drunk, the people I’m with definitely will. No major drama will happen but if we were famous and someone wanted to write a negative story about it, I’m sure they could.  Barkley season is over, this is not a big deal.

The loan didn’t work out but I hope we all remember the 7-2 and the Leicester winner, the goal at Southampton. 

Good luck to him.

God only knows what they’ll have to say about your underwear.

• Haha 1

Getting absolutely steaming during the day so much you cause a scene and have to be ejected? Yes this is not normal. Had plenty of sessions in my time and this isn't normal. Especially during a work week.

...and not everything has to be a drink problem or depression. The bloke just seems like a moron and an arsehole.

• Like 4

His season might be over but I assume we are still paying him £100k/w until his contract ends here on 30/6.

Maybe the club don't see any benefit of having him around and training with the team for the final period of the season but if so you gotta wonder why. If he's still part of the club and trains with the team then it's probably not a great idea to get shitfaced even if you have a day off.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not like grealksh hasnt done worse is it.

Gets drunk thrown out a bar who cares?

Its like he drove drunk and crashed his car

100k a week. £5m in wages plus whatever loan fee we paid.

3 goals 1 assist. Season not over and he's getting day passed.

I care. Because the team has carried him we can shrug it off but he's just as bad as the wasters the season we went down.

• Like 1

It was a bigger story when I saw him in the petrol station spitting on the floor and going in with no mask at the height of the pandemic, middle of the season. Actually I should have made it a story, as the security guard let him in, but not me without a mask.

this isn't just a 'guy gets pissed in a bar, so what?' situation. i've been drunk many times...absolutely twatted in fact, several times. i've never given anyone any reason to throw me out however. being a professional footballer means that you need to conduct yourself better than the average man too. coupled with his petchilant attitude when being subbed and general sub par efforts on several occasions, i for one won't be sad to see this moved to other football.

which might as well just be now right? he's played his last game for us.

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Drinkwater Mk 2

That’s unfair, Barkley played his part in the beginning and didn’t exactly fight with another team mate. He might have lost his mojo but I’m not sure I could class him as a bad egg like Danny Eatshit

You only have to go back to the start of this thread to know how disappointing an ending this is for all of us, Ross included. I was chuffed to bits to hear we were bringing someone in of this calibre at the start of the season, almost Gazza-esque!

I don’t know if it was the covid impact, lack of desire or both, but it’s a real shame that it hasn’t worked out. A gamble worth taking though when you think he was replacing Hourihane in the squad. The guy is/was light years ahead of him.

If he does have his demons, I very much hope he sorts them out. Don’t waste your talent Ross. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes, Grealish has done worse, and for some unknown reason this particular fan cares.

The average prem league player gets paid 3 million pounds a year. If I got paid a small fraction of that I would avoid (and have managed) getting my name in the tabloids. It affects, or potentially can affect, Villa's financial statement, the line item called good will. I would be very surprised there is not a clause in player contracts that deals with such behaviour.

Having said that, there seems to be something self destructive about Barkley's behaviour. It would be interesting to have a sense of the underlying causes. I wish Barkley all the best in his future endeavours, and trust he stops digging a hole for himself.

I don't want to sound callous but this isn't our problem any more. Its a shame as I thought this loan would be good for both us and the player.

I really don't see where he is going to go from here apart from the Chelsea reserves. Its a bit sad given his reputation when he first started at Everton.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Some people still claim he was just " tired " or his foot might have slipped though. lol

Stop with the propaganda!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

100k a week. £5m in wages plus whatever loan fee we paid.

3 goals 1 assist. Season not over and he's getting day passed.

I care. Because the team has carried him we can shrug it off but he's just as bad as the wasters the season we went down.

Season's over for him. You can bet your ass Jack and John are getting wasted tomorrow and beyond. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Season's over for him. You can bet your ass Jack and John are getting wasted tomorrow and beyond. 

Bet Southgate wouldn't be delighted if Jack did it. A reason to not pick him for the Euro's

• Like 1

Â