Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I think a deeper role might help him prolong his career in terms of success. He hasn't got the athleticism to play higher up. This way he can be a deep lying playmaker as his passing is still good.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see him at Palace.

A manager like Frank ( rumoured ) and a new setting with a little less pressure might suit him.

Still London as well.

Yes would suit him and to be fair they have good players to complement him, it’s an ageing squad they have but they always do enough to stay up and as you say an ideal place for the players who want to live the London lifestyle. 

Definitely a risk worth taking and had some flashes of brilliance at times, but I'm glad to see him go.

Really glad we loaned him instead of signing him - and I reckon we'd have signed him permanently given the choice, so I think Chelsea dropped the ball there!

• Like 2

The penny has just dropped for me that he can't play vs Chelsea Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

But seriously what could have been... Before his injury he was in England squad form, after his injury he was **** garbage

Has a lot of problems in his head to work out, might dupe a newly promoted team in to picking him up but he could be joining Drinkwater in Turkey in a few years 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can see him at Palace.

A manager like Frank ( rumoured ) and a new setting with a little less pressure might suit him.

Still London as well.

That'll throw him under the bus should things start to go wrong for the team is the last thing he needs

Lampard didn't play him that much at Chelsea did he, Gilmour was getting starts ahead of him in later part of that season. Think Sarri was the one Chelsea manager who gave him a run of starts.

Think Newcastle will be an option for him if they don't get Joe Willock full time but no chance he signs for a better club than us next season unless he just does a Drinkwater and sits on his last year at Chelsea playing odd reserve game.

Edited by VillaChris

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Feel for the lad. He's already played his last game in a Villa shirt as he can't play on Sunday. All the best to him. Hope he finds his mojo again.

Ah, of course. I thought they'd been an official statement. Good luck to him. Hope he's learnt a lesson in how to conduct himself when subbed off by Palace or Watford next season. He'll definitely have interest from the lower levels of the prem, and it'll be passingly interesting to see how it pans out.

44 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

That'll throw him under the bus should things start to go wrong for the team is the last thing he needs

Not sure about that, Frank won't have the pressure, or squad that he did at Chelsea. He'll have no choice but to work with what he has.

Don't they have a ridiculous amount of their squad out of contract as well?

The quality is there, it might suit him to be a " Main man " again, big fish in a smaller pond etc.

Long run of games.

• Like 1

It is such shame to see him to leave us like this,

I know he is can playing brilliant and great to watch pre-injury that why i rate him very highly and best ACM for Everton before move Chelsea and not suit. when i heard him move to Aston Villa i knew he is prefect for us..

Post-Injury, his form is flop and very slow gain back old form, he did last 2 games he play but not good enough as before injury and covid.

it is sad to see him left like this and got these problem.. if he don't got covid or injured - he would be brilliant for us and could best sign, and worth to get him move to us..

in this moment and so far we shouldn't sign him as expensive and his form is cold and hot, we have better young and wait take over him, or we could go look cheap and wage low, and big future who can impact now.

Good Bye, Barkley thanks for brilliant Liverpool and first 6 games.

• Like 1

I've said before, if the drop in form was covid related, I have sympathy.  Slim chance it was psychological and he couldn't get over his injury that couldn't really have happened at a worse time. If it isn't either, then it was pure laziness and I would class him as a waste of our money.

What wasn't his fault is that Dean continued to play him despite him being woefully out of form, for whichever of the two reasons it was above.

Given the lack of evidence to say what the cause was, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was covid/injury and hope he recovers his fitness and goes on to end his career well, somewhere else.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Had a number of really good games but was mostly unremarkable or downright poor.

Unfortunately towards the end of his time here he may have been taking up a position that one of the youth might have benefitted from.

I wouldn't worry too much about him. He has trousered a small fortune during his career. He'ii be fine.

Â