Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He jamp over the first one but I think he didn't expect the second one to be on him so quickly. I thought he had the beating of their left back. I really hope I'm wrong about the broken rib. Someone mentioned that it looks like he might have damaged a kidney or his liver. Hopefully it's just some bruising.

Yeah I thought he started the game well also. You never quite know what you'll get with Traore game to game but I fancy we'd have stretched them far more over the 90 minutes with him drifting inside and giving space for Targett to run into so wasn't a welcome sub.

Trez and AEG just run in straight lines all the time apart from El Ghazi shifting inside to shoot but pretty much every time he did that the shot just got blocked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I really like Bert but I’m starting to think that his best position is going to be first reserve. Having him coming on after 60 minutes will be useful. Hope he’s ok.

Next season I'd just give him all the minutes Barkley has had this season in the position he's played. Front 3 of him, Jack and new RW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure any other player would have broken ribs from a similar impact whether they are strong enough for the Premier League or not

I can state for someone that's gone from being relatively chubby after weight lifting to losing 20 kgs and being shredded, that having less body fat makes a huge different in terms of getting injured. It's much easier to avoid it when you pack extra. 

But I still think it's weird if that minor collision made him break his ribs. Didn't seem to bad to me when it happened. 

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Next season I'd just give him all the minutes Barkley has had this season in the position he's played. Front 3 of him, Jack and new RW.

Not sure, hopefully with a bit of strength building in pre-season he will be better equipped for this league. But I think we need a bit more in that position myself. 

57 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can state for someone that's gone from being relatively chubby after weight lifting to losing 20 kgs and being shredded, that having less body fat makes a huge different in terms of getting injured. It's much easier to avoid it when you pack extra. 

But I still think it's weird if that minor collision made him break his ribs. Didn't seem to bad to me when it happened. 

I think it was the speed he went over the barrier that did the damage

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It wasn’t minor in my opinion. Watching it in real time I really **** felt that. He hit quite a tapered point as well. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he broke something 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I like how his relationship with Cash is developing. I've been a bit frustrated with the level of understanding between him and Elmo in the last couple of games.

Elmo is looking well past it tbh

14 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I like how his relationship with Cash is developing. I've been a bit frustrated with the level of understanding between him and Elmo in the last couple of games.

Yes thats mainly on Elmo as Cash bonbs forward which gives Traore the space to go inside. Elmo does none of that even in his prime 

16 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Elmo is looking well past it tbh

He's just not mobile enough to play as a modern wing-back, which makes sense. It's a hell of a physically demanding role nowadays. He's doing well defensively, though. 

Edit: tried to post from Instagram but it didn’t embed.

He has posted saying 

Hi everyone,

just to say thank you for all your messages of support and the many calls received. Feeling better now and hopefully be back very soon...

Here’s the insta link

Edited by chappy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He hit a sharp edge of a ridged piece of wood, at a moderate running pace. It would not have been surprising at all if he had broken a rib/done some soft tissue damage given the situation. The whole force of his body focused entirely on that millimeter point of the boarding, when you have very little body fat for insulation is going to be a serious cause for concern.

Thankfully, his latest insta post suggests irs not too serious,  and if it is just severe bruising he should be back in a couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He hit a sharp edge of a ridged piece of wood, at a moderate running pace. It would not have been surprising at all if he had broken a rib/done some soft tissue damage given the situation. The whole force of his body focused entirely on that millimeter point of the boarding, when you have very little body fat for insulation is going to be a serious cause for concern.

Thankfully, his latest insta post suggests irs not too serious,  and if it is just severe bruising he should be back in a couple of weeks.

He's from the mean streets of (checks notes) Bobo-Dioulasso - he can take it 😎

• Like 4

Â