Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I wonder if Traore's wonder effort had of been a goal we would be saying different things?

He was pretty good against Sheff Utd I thought, kept trying to make things happen and was unlucky not to score a goal to be remembered. 

I feel he is a good player. But not top a top level performer. We need someone with similar ability as Jack on the right in an ideal world. That is where the bulk of transfer fund should go in the summer I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I've noticed how, now you're not getting so many bites, you've reverted to asking questions to get responses. 😂😂

You've clearly been waiting to make this post for quite some time, it's funny though that despite him being 'shit', he's still created the best 2 chances in our last 2 games. Better finishing is more assists and goals to the already pretty decent tally he has this season.

Do I think he is good enough to take us to top 4? No. He's not consistent enough for that.

Do I think he's our biggest threat when jack isn't available? Absolutely yes. He's our second best winger behind jack and absolutely must play.

He is not 'shit'. He's assisted and scored a decent tally this season. I'm 'shit', I play at the lowest division in my local league. Bertrand Traore is not.

Now please stop plugging the narrative you began in the summer, blindly and allow him to carry on creating our best chances per game.

Exactly what I was thinking, in bold.

Such a painful looking impact. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Might have broken a rib there. Looked really really painful.

I was worried about a kidney or liver or other organ injury...looked like it hit him just below the rib cage.  Either way, not nice. 

• Sad 1

Just now, turvontour said:

What was that all about. I hope he is alright but it part looked like he accelerated as he came off the pitch and then stupidly tried to kick the barrier. Just put your hands out.

I agree.

If fans were in would he have hopped in there?

It was very strange. Quite like how he even gets pushed off the pitch with flair though.

Looked sore, wouldn't be surprised if he's cracked a rib.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lots of players prefer to jump over rather than just bang their knee into the board right behind the goal. It was just unfortunate and yes bad knock to the hip so probably won't see him for a few weeks.

He jamp over the first one but I think he didn't expect the second one to be on him so quickly. I thought he had the beating of their left back. I really hope I'm wrong about the broken rib. Someone mentioned that it looks like he might have damaged a kidney or his liver. Hopefully it's just some bruising.

• Like 1

Love this guy but I don't think he's the type to be a teams main creative threat. 

He's the kind of player who is an excellent 2nd option or supplement to someone else. He won't take over a game. 

When Jack is out and now Barkley in terrible form, he is needed to provide the spark

• Like 1

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

What was that all about. I hope he is alright but it part looked like he accelerated as he came off the pitch and then stupidly tried to kick the barrier. Just put your hands out.

Looked to me he did that to avoid being clattered in the first barrier, then was thrown into the second. 

Broken ribs is a nothing injury though. And there's no chance it will affect his future performances, like ligaments or similar stuff could do.

Wonder if we could play Grealish/Sanson/AEG or AEG/Grealish/Sanson. Guess we could also play Grealish, Sanson, Watkins and move Davis up front. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

It's irritating that in 2021 we haven't found a way to make these protective barriers safer. It's not uncommon to see players crash onto them and although it's usually just a knock you can definitely see the potential harm in them. Running at full speed and off balance, Traore might have just as easily injure his head rather than his ribs. 

I was frustrated that we had te see him go off injured not because of a football dynamic, rather than because of infrastructure. 

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

Really sorry he got hurt but wonder whether hes physically strong enough for the Premier League. 

Pretty sure any other player would have broken ribs from a similar impact whether they are strong enough for the Premier League or not

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure any other player would have broken ribs from a similar impact whether they are strong enough for the Premier League or not

I dont mean that i meant how easily he was pushed over with a shoulder charge

Â