Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

52 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think he's really missed Cash.

i think the same, they were developing a great relationship and knowing Cash is always overlapping allows him to cut onto his right foot or go down the line. Elmo isnt Cash and unfortunately were not at a stage yet where we can afford a squad that gives us that level of cover. I do wonder though if we have any options in the under 23's that would give us more energy from right back.

11 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Mesmerising skills. So annoying he didnt finish off that chance first half. How he got in that position was Messi levels of dribbling. 

Yes but when has Jack ever finished off a mazy dribble with a goal? Frustratingly as a team we struggle to score any of the damn things! 

Edited by birdman

Full backs need to get forward and help him more so he has more room against defenders. Not playing well, but not ideal conditions with an overall under performance of the team. I'd take him out for a  bit if we had a reasonable option to replace him with but we don't.

• Like 1

I liked him at the start, thought he had something different but I think he’s been poor the last few matches.

I’ll get pelters on here, I’m sure, because people seem to think he’s generally very good so perhaps I’m missing something but I’d say it’s STILL an area we can improve on again in the summer. 

You only have to look at Neto to see what a proper wide player looks like. Traore just looks slow and too predictable. 

Like I say, I’m probably in the minority, but he’s not the player I thought he’d be and I find him VERY frustrating. 

• Like 1

I actually think he performs better with Cash.  Cash bombing forward distracts the opposition, making space for Bert to perform.

He’s been a good signing but has been frustrating lately, especially tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Full backs need to get forward and help him more so he has more room against defenders. Not playing well, but not ideal conditions with an overall under performance of the team. I'd take him out for a  bit if we had a reasonable option to replace him with but we don't.

He needs one of or both of Cash and Grealish playing. His game has dipped massively without their influence.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He started well (as they all did), but boy did he fade. I think he needs to get closer to Watkins.

Everyone needs to get closer to Watkins. Our lines are too far away from each other IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Everyone needs to get closer to Watkins. Our lines are too far away from each other IMO.

I think that's largely down to how we play. We're pretty bad with the ball going back to front. Teams attack us which results in our wingers correctly tracking back to help out defensively, then we seem to try and catch teams on the break by lumping it forward and then winning second balls. It's hard work for the team to constantly get up and down the pitch. We need to be better at transitioning the ball from back to front. 

• Like 1

Â